HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X

Discus and support HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HDR TV (TCL 49S403) and have HDR10 enabled on my Xbox, and it works, but all colors in games look washed out to a degree. I used the HDR Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UnstopyLife, Nov 15, 2021.

1. UnstopyLife
    UnstopyLife Guest

I have an HDR TV (TCL 49S403) and have HDR10 enabled on my Xbox, and it works, but all colors in games look washed out to a degree. I used the HDR Game Calibration app but same results.

:)

UnstopyLife, Nov 15, 2021
  2. UnstopyLife Win User

So what do I do after it’s reset and setup again?
  3. UnstopyLife Win User

I got it to work again, but it looks the same. I have noted that it is more typically blue colors that appear washed out, whereas red appears normal.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for that. To isolate the issue, I would appreciate it if you can try a different TV or HDMI cable that also supports HDR because if that still didn't work you may need to get your console repaired.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Kindly try and play games again.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for that and if that's the case, if possible please ask a family member or a friend nearby then check it on their TV just to check if it's the console itself.
Thema:

1. HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - HDR makes games

2. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  3. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  4. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  5. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  6. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...

in XBoX on Windows
    My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...: I am not able to record 4k gameplay resolution, My tv Supports 4k display resolution I enabled in tv and display settings section. However there is no option for 4k recording in preferences...
  9. Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.: Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried the beta app I've even hard restarted it to...
  10. Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...

in XboX Insiders
    Does it make sense than when you have Dolby Vision enabled then the HDR calibration app...: I got Dolby Vision enabled and its working with various games but I noticed that the HDR Calibration app defaults to regular HDR instead. Is this correct or is this a possible bug? I want to be...