: HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

Discus and support : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV The video from my Xbox One X console goes black continuously when play a game with HDR activated on... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Juansero1229, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Juansero1229
    Juansero1229 Guest

The video from my Xbox One X console goes black continuously when play a game with HDR activated on my LG C9 55 inch TV. If I deactivate the HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour option on the TV, the problem is fixed, but I don't have HDR in the game.

I would like to have HDR/4k while playing on the Xbox One X. I've tried different games, they show the same behavior.

I have even changed the hdmi cable 4 times, even bought a quite expensive HDMI 2.1 cable, but it doesn't fix the problem. I have also tried different ports. It still doesn't work if I have HDR activated.

I have also checked both the TV and Xbox are up to date with the latest firmware. But I still got the problem.

When playing HDR/4k games on the PS4 Pro, I don't have this problem, so I think the Xbox needs a firmware update for compatibility between its HDMI2.0b output and the LG C9's 2.1 HDMI input.

Could you please help me?

:)

Juansero1229, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  3. tizzwozz Win User

Did you have to get the tv repaired?
  4. Juansero1229 Win User

How did you fix it
    I haven't fixed it, there's no fix available for this as for now that I have found
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

for me, the LG has a Problem not the Console.

The Console only gives the Signal.

Your TV hast the last Firmware?
  6. tizzwozz Win User

Ive done all this, spent a fortune on 2.0 and 2.1 certified hdmi cables annd no different. Reset tv and xbox ans set up the video settings again, same problem.

It all runs fine infefinately if I turn off the HDR on the tv.

Ive had this tv and xbox running 4k HDR for over a year without issue, then the xbox has an update and it all falls over...
Thema:

1. : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV - Similar Threads - HDR image flickering

2. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  3. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  4. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  5. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  6. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...

in XBoX on Windows
    My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...: I am not able to record 4k gameplay resolution, My tv Supports 4k display resolution I enabled in tv and display settings section. However there is no option for 4k recording in preferences...
  9. Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.: Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried the beta app I've even hard restarted it to...
  10. Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?: Hello everyone, can someone help me with this? I was calmly playing Forza Motorsport with my Series s that I bought a month ago, everything was fine but when I press the home button to return to...