Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

Discus and support Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Everything was working fine on my gaming on the Xbox until today. Now the quality of the graphics are horrible. c635daf9-f0e5-46ad-bb41-ac840d3f29ce Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ernesto amaya, May 19, 2023.

1. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

Everything was working fine on my gaming on the Xbox until today. Now the quality of the graphics are horrible.

:)

ernesto amaya, May 19, 2023
  2. ernesto amaya Win User

It is a Samsung 4k uhd. Thanks for the help. I got it to work. I had to factory reset everything.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Apologies in advance if you already know what this is.

HGIG stands for 'HDR Gaming Interest Group'. HGIG is essentially all about HDR tone mapping. This setting is done via the TV (as long as it actually supports HGIG), not the Xbox.
  4. ernesto amaya Win User

From the time I got the Xbox until today I had no messed with either Xbox or my TV's display because from the beginning it had great graphics until today. I rebooted both my tv and Xbox and the issue still ongoing. Also the games that I have downloaded on the Xbox have a high brightness to them compared to the games I tried to play on the cloud which had a lower quality graphic but work like they should. I also uninstalled one of the games to see the difference and there is a difference in the quality.
  5. Art Ortiz Win User

Yes it's the original hdmi cable for the xbox series x. I have tried hard resetting my tv and restoring my xbox to original settings without losing my games But still the same issue. I'm not sure but can shutting off the xbox completely while on the HDR calibration app cause this issue?
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

The most likely reason is that you're exceeding your maximum brightness

Most 4K TVs are only HDR400, not the HDR1000 that the standard really wants to see
Thema:

1. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig - Similar Threads - Hdr calibration tool

2. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  3. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  4. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  5. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'd like to have hdr work on 1440p monitor if possible: I have a Series X and I use a gigabyte g32qca with freesync premium pro 165hz 1440p monitor. it can recieve 4k signal and output hdr at 4k signal in 60hz with hdr, or get 1440p at 120hz losing...
  8. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  9. My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...

in XBoX on Windows
    My tv supports 4k and display resolution is set to 4k HDR, but i am not able to record 4k...: I am not able to record 4k gameplay resolution, My tv Supports 4k display resolution I enabled in tv and display settings section. However there is no option for 4k recording in preferences...
  10. My tv full hd display and HDR10 supported but Im not able to enable HDR Game Calibration

in XBoX on Consoles
    My tv full hd display and HDR10 supported but Im not able to enable HDR Game Calibration: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 451fa710-7881-49b0-a31f-025876a88a5d