HDMI not working on my TV for new Xbox series x, how do I fix this?

Discus and support HDMI not working on my TV for new Xbox series x, how do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The speaker audio is grayed out in the general volume and audio output menu. It says that my TV is set to DVI but I used it on my regular Xbox one and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lorenzo McCollum, May 13, 2023.

1. HDMI not working on my TV for new Xbox series x, how do I fix this?

The speaker audio is grayed out in the general volume and audio output menu. It says that my TV is set to DVI but I used it on my regular Xbox one and it's already set to HDMI input and it works on that console with zero problems. I cycled through my HDMI options on my TV and it doesn't work. I tried doing the audio set up but I just see the visual on the screen of the speakers but no audio. I have a kdl-32R300C Sony Bravia tv but I don't know what the problem is. I just got the Xbox today and I used my personal HDMI and the factory HDMI it came with.

:)

Lorenzo McCollum, May 13, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

is there a way to fix this short of buying a new TV?
    Unfortunately not, sorry, Getting 4K at 120hz to work on Series X requires a TV with HDMI 2.1 ports.
  3. yzMICHAELzy Win User

Xbox Series X Has Failed. It Is Barely More Than A Month Old. What Kind of Garbage Is Microsoft Building?

Resync my TV? I fixed the problem by switching the HDMI input into the tv from one HDMI port to another. How would resolution have anything to do with it? The ports are all the same, with the same resolution. I believe there developed a conflict since
    I am using the provided HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the Xbox Series X, connecting the console to my LG TV with an 2.0 HDMI port. I have the feeling that had something to do with it. My TV is barely more than a year old.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Lorenzo McCollum,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I see you're having audio issues while connecting your console to the TV. Let me see what I can do to help you with this issue.

Please try the troubleshooting steps found on the link below to see if you can resolve the problem.

Try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn on your devices in the following order: TV, AV receiver, Xbox. Wait for each device to fully power up before starting the next device.
    2. Use the Input button on your TV’s remote control to switch the input source of your receiver away from the console and then back (for example, HDMI1 to HDMI2, then back to HDMI1). Then restart the receiver.
    3. Set your TV connection to HDMI:
      1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options.
      3. Select Video fidelity & over scan.
      4. Under Display, select HDMI.

Source: Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooting reference:

Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Agent Greggors Win User

HDMI port suddenly not working on Xbox one x - no sound or picture

I had a similar problem it came down to inadequate work on my tv the solder wasnt good enuf so my connection from console to tv was failing i had to get a new tv but if it is this problem then it is easy to fix i you no how to solder
    It's definitely the Xbox One X as I've tried an Xbox One S using the same HDMI cable in the same HDMI port on the TV. I've even tried other devices using HDMI in the 3 HDMI TV ports, all work. So it's not a TV fault. Thanks for the reply though.
Thema:

1. HDMI not working on my TV for new Xbox series x, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - HDMI working series

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...: Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?...
  4. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  5. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  6. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  7. HDMI won't work on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI won't work on Xbox Series X: I've checked the Port on the TV. It works fine. I've checked the HDMI cable on an old Xbox in the same TV port and it works fine. I plug the Xbox Series X in, it doesn't connect. No signal.. what...
  8. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  9. I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series x that has a 2.1 HDMI cord that I bought however it's not working the...: I have an Xbox series x that turns on however it has no signal on the screen . I have the new 2.1 HDMI cord that I purchased off Amazon so idk why it has no signal...
  10. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...