HDMI in - Bypass or Optimization?

Discus and support HDMI in - Bypass or Optimization? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear all, I have a question about the function of "HDMI in" on Xbox one S. Is it a bypass mode or an optimised process when I connect a device?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InjuredCarrot38, Oct 24, 2017.

1. HDMI in - Bypass or Optimization?

Dear all,

I have a question about the function of "HDMI in" on Xbox one S. Is it a bypass mode or an optimised process when I connect a device?

Thank you.

:)

InjuredCarrot38, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Droth1187
    Droth1187 Guest
    My Xbox One S review so far.

the HDMI output for my cable box just stopped working last week

made sure it was not the cable by bypassing it and works fine tv <> cable box

idk if workth upgrading to S just for that yet

Droth1187, Oct 24, 2017
  3. (PAL) Xbox 360 connecting to (NTSC) "Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FV300" television via HDMI to RCA cable

I've heard that HDMI signals have no region lock though, and bypass such limitations, working on televisions from any region.

BatsCanine954, Oct 24, 2017
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest

I would say both. The HDMI in is a bypass mode for your cable TV guide. You would use Xbox One's One Guide for TV

It is also optimized if you have a Kinect. I do love changing the channel by just saying the name of the network I want to watch. So much easier.

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Oct 24, 2017
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

I would say both. The HDMI in is a bypass mode for your cable TV guide. You would use Xbox One's One Guide for TV

It is also optimized if you have a Kinect. I do love changing the channel by just saying the name of the network I want to watch. So much easier.
  6. prsirrod Win User

Xbox One - Green Login Screen to No Signal via HDMI

The console is connected directly to the TV. Is there a way to bypass the HDMI output to the TV by using an USB/HDMI adapter? I am just trying to exhaust all ideas.
  7. Ackis Win User

No picture on TV

Also try a different HDMI port. And if you have a receiver, bypass it for now to see if it works.
  8. Falkon(2) Win User

Any way to bypass HDMI sound?

[quote user="Big Sist3r"] Shouldn't choosing Dolby 5.1 cause the box to bypass HDMI sound and send it to the receiver via toslink exclusively?

[/quote]No, either or both of those methods of output can and will send out Dolby 5.1 sound.

[quote user="Big Sist3r"] Am I just gonna have to mute the TV?

[/quote]You could do that, or turn the volume down to zero, or disable the TVs speakers. Personally I just have mine turned down to zero with my Xbox setup. In another setup I have the TV speakers disabled altogether.
  9. BatsCanine954 Win User

(PAL) Xbox 360 connecting to (NTSC) "Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FV300" television via HDMI to RCA cable

I've heard that HDMI signals have no region lock though, and bypass such limitations, working on televisions from any region.
Thema:

1. HDMI in - Bypass or Optimization? - Similar Threads - HDMI Bypass Optimization

2. My Xbox Series S turns on, non of the usb ports or hdmi cables are working then it turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S turns on, non of the usb ports or hdmi cables are working then it turns...: Alrighty, so I was playing on my Xbox series s when I decided to restart due to some things acting up. During its attempt to restart it didn’t actually restart it just stayed off. Now when I turn...
  3. Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns...: Alrighty, so I was playing on my Xbox series s when I decided to restart due to some things acting up. During its attempt to restart it didn’t actually restart it just stayed off. Now when I turn...
  4. What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI...: What would happen if my Xbox series x had an power surge or power overload through the HDMI cable, and if so;what part would I need to replace? c8d5494a-a4d1-47a6-991e-ce6c2a66d27c
  5. Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automaticaly change Xbox HDMI4 to STB HDMI 1: Device Setup in TV: 1. HDMI 1 - STB Connected 2. HDMI 4 - XBox X Connected 3. HDMI2 - Sound Bar JBL Conected When watching STB HDMI 1 --> Switch Input --> to HDMI 4 (Xbox console) -->...
  6. My Xbox 360 turns red when I connect the hdmi cable and turn on the tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 turns red when I connect the hdmi cable and turn on the tv: My xbox360 turns red when I connect the hdmi cable and turn on the tv. 4ba565a1-a72a-4a70-8b94-a9234bdeedfd
  7. HDMI CEC Input Switching Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC Input Switching Question: I have it selected but it won't switch automatically to the XBOX Series X input when the DirecTV box is still on. It will only switch when the DirecTV box is turned off. Thanks, Craig....
  8. Will a 1080p 165hz monitor with an hdmi 1.4 be able to run 120fps from a xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a 1080p 165hz monitor with an hdmi 1.4 be able to run 120fps from a xbox series s?: I am looking into monitors and people keep.saying that I need at least a hdmi 2.0 monitor to be able to run 120fps to the monitor and that hdmi 1.4 would lock it to 1080p 60hz when that what I am...
  9. Can XBOX series S run at 1440p @120hz HDR with a HDMI 2.1 cable ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can XBOX series S run at 1440p @120hz HDR with a HDMI 2.1 cable ?: Hi, I have XBOX Series S. My display is the OnePlus X27 which is a 2K @165Hz HDR monitor. And I am using a HDMI 2.1 cable. My XBOX can run at 120 hz at 1080p but when I change resolution to 1440p...
  10. Hdmi cable not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi cable not connecting: Can't connect my xbox one s to TV with hdmi cable, works only with low resolution, it's not cable's fault cause i tried several ones. However it works with Hdmi to VGA adapter. Does anyone got the...