Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

Discus and support Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by eat meball's, Mar 2, 2022.

1. eat meball's
    eat meball's Guest

On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on Xbox seems lower Quality then my Dolby audio on my spectrum cable box

:)

eat meball's, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Eat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

We can't say why it's not one like the one you mentioned on the Xbox but you can download the Dolby access app to configure the Dolby audio settings
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. VirajNirwan Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

It is connected via hdmi arc directly to the soundbar. arc is just the shortform for HDMI audio return channel.
  6. EXES5 Win User

Xbox one console- audio hdmi out only via seconde hdmi tv in

Chech your tv for hdmi arc (audio return channel) and use that for audio out
Thema:

1. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Hdmi arc audio

2. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  3. Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc: Hi, I have a problem that seems very simple but I keep finding complicated and contradictory answers in various fora. I have an xbox one S attached to an older TV that does not have HDMI arc. I...
  4. HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox: HDMI arc sound will stop working as soon as i connect the xbox series X. Tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv (lg c9). Factory reset both the console and tv still the same issue...
  5. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  6. Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

in XboX Insiders
    Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC: Just got my Series X a couple days ago and I'm very disappointed in the audio lag. It's connected directly to my 75" Samsung UHD LED TV via the HDMI 2.1 cable the Xbox came with. Audio is then fed...
  7. Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and...: I have seen and talked to many on live regarding this issue. I had it pop up as well and traced it to a change on the surround bars to one common thing on both vizio, samsung and other full...
  8. XboxOne HDMI ARC problems - Stopped Passing TV and Audio Receiver Commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne HDMI ARC problems - Stopped Passing TV and Audio Receiver Commands: Hey I have an LG(49UF680v) TV that outputs audio via a HDMI ARC setup with my Sony Audio Receiver (BDV-N8100w). My XboxOne is in tern connected to the Sony Audio receiver which then passes the...
  9. Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI: Hi, I have seen plenty about Optical only being able to pass 2.0 but it seems the same goes for HDMI audio via the Audio Return Channel (ARC) system. I am using the following devices: TV: Sony...
  10. Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only 2.0 Audio when using Audio Return Channel (ARC) via HDMI: Hi, I have seen plenty about Optical only being able to pass 2.0 but it seems the same goes for HDMI audio via the Audio Return Channel (ARC) system. I am using the following devices: TV: Sony...