HDMI connection not working

Discus and support HDMI connection not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ok - my son has an Xbox 360. We bought a new 50" TV for his birthday. Using an HDMI cable we hooked up the Xbox to the TV and everything worked great.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mbd1311, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mbd1311
    mbd1311 Guest

ok - my son has an Xbox 360. We bought a new 50" TV for his birthday. Using an HDMI cable we hooked up the Xbox to the TV and everything worked great. Nice picture and sound. He tried to plug in his head phones and now we get no picture or sound

:)

mbd1311, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Chris388
    Chris388 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim - HDMI video & Component video.. can it work?

Hi there,

Currently have a 24" monitor (Asus K242HL) and my xbox 360 slim.

The monitor does not have any sound output, so the typical hdmi connection to my xbox only provides clear video...

After searching it up and finding numerous threats about connecting both a hdmi and component cable, i went along with it..

Scenario:

When the hdmi is connected as normal, video works. As soon as i plug the component cable in also, to output sound onto my speaker, the monitor loses signal and the xbox just starts an iterative loop of restarting.

So im unable to achieve sound & have video .. with the component cable connected to the xbox and no hdmi, the sound output does infact work on my speaker.

How am i able to have the two cables function side by side, are there any settings i have to tweak within the xbox 360 to get this to function?

Chris388, Jan 1, 2014
  3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Xbox one optical update?

i have not tried the optical out directly on the xb1... i have run my dolby surround on a (out) for my tv... i guess i should try it off my xb1 and see if i get the update??

it would make no sense to me that it would only work with a headset/astros/tb... to get the update thru a plug in on the controller..

i have used my xb1 hdmi out to my tv and used the coax/aux audio output to my digital bar... games like bf4 have changed compared to convential speaker/tv speakers... but forza5 sounds the same... and really in twitch streams it dosnt have the output/digital feed like it would on personal console/game..

so if it was bundled in with the update i got it.. if i had to connect some other way than i did not or was not prompted to at any point that i connected the soundbar.

i followed this:
    Connect Xbox One to Your Home Theater or Sound System

Audio receiver with optical or sound bar

This is a slightly more complicated configuration that may require cables other than HDMI cables. This option provides full surround sound from your television set-top box. It’s best for older A/V receivers that either don’t have an HDMI port or don’t support audio over HDMI.

Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.
    Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to the HDMI input on your television.
    Connect the audio output from the television to the audio input on the sound bar using either HDMI or Optical S/PDIF cables.

HDMI connection not working [​IMG]

unless i am missing something my coax wont plug in to the back of my xb1.. i have to go directly from the tv.

sc_shark, Jan 1, 2014
  4. BrettHawk
    BrettHawk Guest

Your xbox 360 console comes with an identical cable that goes into the back of the console where the red and white (sound cables) go into, all you need to do is find the smaller cable so you hdmi will fit in simultaneusly.

BrettHawk, Jan 1, 2014
  5. BrettHawk Win User

Your xbox 360 console comes with an identical cable that goes into the back of the console where the red and white (sound cables) go into, all you need to do is find the smaller cable so you hdmi will fit in simultaneusly.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

3D mode

Are you using an HDMI cable for connection or other means.

3D will only work through an HDMI connection, please could you try using an HDMI cable to see if this rectifies the problem.
  7. STRONGHOLD 00 Win User

Xbox 360 Slim 4GB No HDMI Connection

Sorry i forgot to mention that i did do that already, I connected it to two different tvs using both hdmi and av cables, both times the av ones worked and hdmi didn't and i also tried connecting it using different hdmi cables and they didnt work either
  8. PeskyCarton3 Win User

HDMI no signal xbox360

Ι have tried it on another tv monitor and it did work. The connection with hdmi was working. And my current tv works with the same hdmi cable if i connect a laptop with it. It's really strange. I don't know what else I have to do
  9. Irixion Win User

HDMI connection will now work

Thema:

1. HDMI connection not working - Similar Threads - HDMI connection working

2. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  3. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  4. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  5. What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?: What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S? Where can I see pictures of what I bring to it? 58077503-9396-4b70-ab59-d728e3e96585
  6. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  7. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  8. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  9. HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox: HDMI arc sound will stop working as soon as i connect the xbox series X. Tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv (lg c9). Factory reset both the console and tv still the same issue...
  10. Xbox one S HDMI won't work, turns off after 30 seconds and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S HDMI won't work, turns off after 30 seconds and controller won't connect: I've had my xbox one s for about 16 hours and the HDMI won't connect and neither does my controller. I have held down the power button for 10-15 seconds, I have held the power and sync button for...