HDMI Connection Issue with 360S

Discus and support HDMI Connection Issue with 360S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought a used xBox 360S from a friend. It still works perfectly fine except for when I plug the HDMI into my TV it only gives me a black screen. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HardhatBrute56, Jul 13, 2018.

1. HDMI Connection Issue with 360S

I bought a used xBox 360S from a friend. It still works perfectly fine except for when I plug the HDMI into my TV it only gives me a black screen. I have tried plugging the HDMI into my projector and it works without an issue, I
    have checked the HDMI cable which works fine since I use it for my ps3 and pc when I connect them to my television. Before I took the xBox home I tried it on my friends TV with HDMI and it worked fine. I have been trying to find a solution but am not able
    to find one and to be honest playing the Xbox on non HD is starting to hurt my eyes, I really hope somebody has a solution for me, I have tried many things I have seen on the internet and none has worked but I saw in many forums that many people are having
    the same issue. Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

A confused mate

:)

HardhatBrute56, Jul 13, 2018
  2. xbox 360s work on UHD 4k TV?

Hi. I have an XBox 360s. I want to buy an UHD (4k) Smart TV. Will the Xbox 360s work with that TV? Do I need any special converter? I use the HDMI connection currently. thx

pro soccerplayr, Jul 13, 2018
  3. appariitiion
    appariitiion Guest
    2 Slims, 1 Vizio: one works for me, one NOT SUPPORT (+ more details) = STUMPED!

I bought a used chrome-trimmed shiny black 250gb 360S (without 4gb internal memory) to give as a gift to a bummed out friend, and I have spent the last two days troubleshooting what seems to be a compatibility issue with an HDMI cable connection to a 37"
    Vizio 1080p LED TV (M370NV). It simply states "NOT SUPPORT" with the older one and the newer one works. It DOES work with this specific HDTV if I use a Composite RGB/AV, just not with an HDMI cable. It also works perfectly with that same HDMI cable on a different
    Vizio HDTV. Also, my newer matte black XBOX 360S (with 4gb internal memory) works on both HDTVs with that same HDMI cable. So, clearly there's something fishy going on with the older 360S with HDMI cable to this specific Vizio. Troubleshooting: Y+RT doesn't
    do anything Going into Display Settings blind (up, right 6, down, AAAA, etc...) didn't work Switching HDMI cord ends didn't work Using a different HDMI cable didn't work Factory resetting the TV didn't work Why would my newer matte black XBOX 360S work fine
    with an HDMI cable to this Vizio HDTV, but not the chrome-trimmed shiny black 360S?

appariitiion, Jul 13, 2018
  4. HDMI Connection Issue with 360S

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xbox 360 S. It sounds like there may be an issue with either the HDMI cable or your TV. Do other devices (DVD/Blu-ray Player/another console) work on your TV while plugged into the same HDMI port with the same
    HDMI cable? I understand that your 360 S connects fine to your projector with the HDMI cable but have you tried another, certified, HDMI cable with your console and the TV?

JustAnotherJay, Jul 13, 2018
  5. Rqvg
    Rqvg Guest
    Try Switching HDMI Ports From HDMI 2 to 1.

Rqvg, Nov 4, 2018
  6. Rqvg Win User

Try Switching HDMI Ports From HDMI 2 to 1.
  7. JustAnotherJay Win User

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xbox 360 S. It sounds like there may be an issue with either the HDMI cable or your TV. Do other devices (DVD/Blu-ray Player/another console) work on your TV while plugged into the same HDMI port with the same
    HDMI cable? I understand that your 360 S connects fine to your projector with the HDMI cable but have you tried another, certified, HDMI cable with your console and the TV?
  8. IceStorm III Win User

HDMI AV Cable reboot xbox

I tried this with my HP 2159m monitor and a Spilnter Cell Conviction 360. No issues. The thin AV adapter is plugged into the AV port and a regular HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI port on the monitor. I can flip to VGA and back to HDMI without causing
    any issues for the 360.
  9. Jester56701 Win User

XBOX 360 NO SIGNAL HDMI1 or 2

If your HDMI connection from your Xbox 360 to your living room TV works just fine, then there is no issue with your Xbox 360.
  10. gds1972 Win User

xbox 360s work on UHD 4k TV?

Hi

All you will need to do is connect your Xbox 360 by HDMI lead and it should work without any issues.
Thema:

1. HDMI Connection Issue with 360S - Similar Threads - HDMI Connection Issue

2. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  3. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  4. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  5. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  6. What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?: What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S? Where can I see pictures of what I bring to it? 58077503-9396-4b70-ab59-d728e3e96585
  7. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  8. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  9. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  10. Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...: When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p and I have an xbox one...