: HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

Discus and support : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by SamBartell, May 1, 2021.

1. SamBartell
    SamBartell Guest

Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and with the CEC settings all enabled, it just wont interact with the AVR. Will not turn off or on.

Being that the XB1 will still power the AVR up and down without issue, how do I solve this? I liked the old spray and pray method the XB1 used; send command: did it work? No? Next command.

This intelligent CEC is working great with the tv, but kinda sucks the AVR is left behind. Especially since the remote for the receiver died years ago, but with the XB app and power on/off settings this was a non issue.

Any help?

:)

SamBartell, May 1, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  4. St0ckton Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Thendercleetz, HDMI-CEC support doesn't have to be an 'all or nothing' feature. If given the proper configuration settings, Kinect IR blaster and HDMI-CEC could work in tandem quite well. As you say most cable boxes don't support this feature, so they would
    be continued to controlled by the Kinect, the rest by HDMI-CEC (with the ability to turn this on/off). As for the Power On/Off, HDMI-CEC is a two-way communication if you turn the Xbox on and the TV and AVR are both already powered on it's checks that and
    does nothing. For powering off, we would need to be given an additional option (just as PS4 does). 'Power off console only', and 'Power off all components'.
  5. dpoet Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

My bad, I didn't know XB1 had a IR socket. It just seemed some people expected to just plug in TV/sat box, and xb1 would control it via HDMI, which it will if it is CEC. I know some friends in UK use TV with built in Freeview tuner, and are going to buy
    external Freeview/ Freesat receiver for xbox1. Post was Just a heads up really, look for one that is CEC and it should work OK. I think Sky+ HD receiver is CEC, but Sky+ receiver is not. It doesn't matter as much if XB1 has IR socket.
  6. Chunky DeMonkey Win User

Switch DVR input when Xbox One is turned on

I think that is an hdmi cec thing and should be a setting within your avr to sense the signal is in use and performs the auto switching of your input.
Thema:

1. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC worked

2. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  3. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  4. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  7. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring: Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders. Eight...
  8. HDMI - CEC is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    HDMI - CEC is not working: HDMI-CEC is not working except for powering my TV on when the console powers on. I have the option enabled on the Series X console and TV. Tried multiple HDMI cables and reboots, unplugging and...
  9. HDMI-CEC doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC doesn't work: Hi guys! Another question on a newly bought XBOX Series X - for whatever reason it doesn't turn on / off my TV when I enable / disable the console. HDMI-CEC is enabled, I've doublechecked, my...
  10. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...