HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

Discus and support HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_m4t3u_, Jun 9, 2023.

1. /u/_m4t3u_
    /u/_m4t3u_ Guest

Hi,

I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders.

Eight monhts to solve a problem is too much, even for Microsoft. Please take a while to check that and solve the issue.

It fails randomly, almost always the console stops the tv (95-98%), but only a few ot times (2-3%) starts it.

I'm on Xbox Series X and LG C1 42".

submitted by /u/_m4t3u_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_m4t3u_, Jun 9, 2023
  2. skyzoo5 Win User

Xbox One AV Reciever/ TV power on Question

ARJUN I'm not that familiar with the Kinect and how it works as I won't be using it at all, but like you said as long as the HDMI CEC components are connected properly and the Kinect has codes for your AV rcvr then it should work. Try googling how to
    connect HDMI CEC components with the XBOne and see what comes up. I'm just not up to speed on how the Kinect works. Sorry for any confusion if I caused some.
  3. AsHperson Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

Just any random device? How does this work extensively? Does this just enable CEC on the primary HDMI out or is there some weird trick to plugging in my receiver to the HDMI in on the xbox and the input turns into the output but with HDMI CEC?
  4. Rostom L Win User

HDMI - CEC is not working

Hi there!

To confirm, did it work just fine before on your current TV?

Please check the link below if it's setup correctly on your console. Check the troubleshooting section as well.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Other option would be to perform a factory reset. You can keep your games and apps for that.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  5. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for the other information. Since you've tried all the troubleshooting steps from the link above and also performed a factory on your console, most likely it's a compatibility issue with CEC features from your TV. I recommend that you instead report the issue or file a bug directly to Team Xbox for them to further investigate the issue. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....
  6. TH3 M4RKSMAN Win User

this TV was fine using a sky mini box and CEC on that.

I have been through the setup and troubleshooting guide with no resolution.

I have already tried a factory reset on both the Series X console and the TV and still have the same issue
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC working

2. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  3. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  4. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  7. HDMI - CEC is not working

in XBoX on Windows
    HDMI - CEC is not working: HDMI-CEC is not working except for powering my TV on when the console powers on. I have the option enabled on the Series X console and TV. Tried multiple HDMI cables and reboots, unplugging and...
  8. Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute

in XboX Insiders
    Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute: Hi everyone. I hope this is okay to post here. I have this issue which basically says in all from the title. I've searched the web but for whatever reason I can't find the same thing happening....
  9. HDMI-CEC doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC doesn't work: Hi guys! Another question on a newly bought XBOX Series X - for whatever reason it doesn't turn on / off my TV when I enable / disable the console. HDMI-CEC is enabled, I've doublechecked, my...
  10. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...