HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T

Discus and support HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; TV: Samsung Q80T HDMI CEC: enabled with all options checked CEC is able to turn the TV on, but is having issues turning it on since a few updates... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChiIIerr, Aug 22, 2021.

1. /u/ChiIIerr
    /u/ChiIIerr Guest

TV: Samsung Q80T

HDMI CEC: enabled with all options checked

CEC is able to turn the TV on, but is having issues turning it on since a few updates ago. While I noticed it was in the known issues section of the release notes, I wanted to include further video evidence in case it helped at all.

https://youtu.be/VNw7SwwKi7A

submitted by /u/ChiIIerr
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChiIIerr, Aug 22, 2021
  2. Thundercleetz Win User

After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

Your soundbar is probably turning off via HDMI-CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet+) and not an IR signal from Kinect.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Series S keeping switching Input back on my AV Receiver?

4. Thundercleetz Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Don't count on Microsoft adding HDMI-CEC. That would require you to turn on your cable box first and not the X1. And that assuming cable boxes have HDMI-CEC capabilities (I don't have cable so I don't know, but my HD antenna converter box does not support
    CEC). Unless they somehow send a distinct IR signal to the cable box and use HDMI-CEC through the X1 to the TV/audio receiver. And isn't HDMI-CEC send the signal up to turn on and comes down to turn off. Wouldn't that mean you'd turn your X1 on to turn your
    entertainment systems all on and have to turn your TV off to turn everything off?
  5. d3d4e6e9-9ce3-44a5-9 Win User

No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV

How to Turn on HDMI-CEC on Your Samsung TV

1. Open the External Device Manager. To activate HDMI-CEC, go to the External Device Manager, found under the General
      Settings menu.
    2. Activate CEC. The first option in the External Device Manager is Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). ...
    3. Navigate to Universal Remote. In the source list, select Universal Remote, and add a new device.

Just found this, hope it helps
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the universal remote on but make it not turn the xbox on automatically

Consult your manual on how to turn off HDMI-CEC on the tv
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC turning

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  4. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  5. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  6. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  7. My one s could fully control my tv using hdmi-cec, my series s can only turn it on or off....

in XboX Insiders
    My one s could fully control my tv using hdmi-cec, my series s can only turn it on or off....: Is this an insider problem or just a series s problem? submitted by /u/Iamnotwyattearp [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Bug - Turning off the Xbox does not turn off the LG TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Bug - Turning off the Xbox does not turn off the LG TV: This video shows exactly what is happening: https://youtu.be/8VAbfkq2OS4 But as a description: Turning on the Xbox Series X turns on the TV Turning off the Xbox Series X does not turn off the...
  9. HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X): Is anyone else having this issue? It was working perfectly fine before but now Series X doesn't turn on my TV. It still turns it off when my console turns off. submitted by /u/AS_Empire [link]...
  10. XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.: Hello. I have not been able to find any helpful tips on what is going on, so checking forums. Any advise would be helpful. In previous XBox gens we were able to have the option for the XBox to...