HDMI CEC Input Switching Question

Discus and support HDMI CEC Input Switching Question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have it selected but it won't switch automatically to the XBOX Series X input when the DirecTV box is still on. It will only switch when the DirecTV... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CraigerM, Jan 31, 2023.

1. CraigerM
    CraigerM Guest

I have it selected but it won't switch automatically to the XBOX Series X input when the DirecTV box is still on. It will only switch when the DirecTV box is turned off. Thanks, Craig.

:)

CraigerM, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. Koop10010 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands. So it's not going to automatically switch inputs to the right one. I suppose it could switch an input if the TV is already on and the code to power on the TV changes the input
    if the TV is already on.
  4. Chunky DeMonkey Win User

Switch DVR input when Xbox One is turned on

I think that is an hdmi cec thing and should be a setting within your avr to sense the signal is in use and performs the auto switching of your input.
  5. Arminator Win User

Xbox restarts when I switch the HDMI input - How do I fix it?

[quote user="JooishDude"]

... I want to switch the input and watch TV. ... but when I switch the input back to the 360, then it has to restart.

[/quote]

Try if your TV has an option to turn off its
    CEC
    feature. Sometimes TV makers call the CEC function differently. Like Viera Link, Anynet+, or Bravia Sync or Bravia Link. This is probably the function that causes your Xbox to restart when you switch back.
  6. Koop10010 Win User

Hdmi

Nope, the Xbox One lacks HDMI-CEC, also called "control over HDMI". That enables devices to turn on the TV, switch it's inputs or use the TV controller to control them. For a supposedly all-in-one device, it's a pretty big oversight.
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC Input Switching Question - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC Input

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  4. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox Series X, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted...
  7. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted 2....
  8. HDMI-CEC Input switching need to be disabled for remote play

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC Input switching need to be disabled for remote play: I'm based in New Zealand so don't have the luxury of Cloud Gaming yet. But I do enjoy remote play on my iPad while the tv is engaged. I also love the HDMI-CEC Source Input switching to the Xbox...
  9. HDMI-CEC Input Switching with Series S (and X)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC Input Switching with Series S (and X)?: Just got a new Series S and so far love it. One thing I haven't figured out, or perhaps its just different from the PS4/5 and AppleTV I also use is HDMI-CEC Input Switching. I think Ive got it...
  10. Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?: I traded in a Nintendo Switch at Gamestop for the Series S I have now. The Switch would turn my ONN TV on and change the input when I turned it on. The Xbox just turns the TV on and doesn't change...