HDMI-CEC Input switching need to be disabled for remote play

Discus and support HDMI-CEC Input switching need to be disabled for remote play in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm based in New Zealand so don't have the luxury of Cloud Gaming yet. But I do enjoy remote play on my iPad while the tv is engaged. I also love the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/zandberg, Feb 9, 2022.

1. /u/zandberg
    /u/zandberg Guest

I'm based in New Zealand so don't have the luxury of Cloud Gaming yet. But I do enjoy remote play on my iPad while the tv is engaged. I also love the HDMI-CEC Source Input switching to the Xbox Series X in the current alpha.

There is however a problem when using remote play and HDMI-CEC Source Input switching at the same time. While using remote play and pressing the Xbox button to exit a game the HDMI-CEC features than either switch the tv on or change the tv source to the Xbox. This is quite a problem if somebody is watching TV at that time as it would switch whatever they are viewing and display the Xbox. Surely HDMI-CEC Source Input switching should be disabled while using remote play?

I do still need the feature for normal use to switch between the AppleTV and Xbox Series X input on the tv. But just not during remote play.

Switching this feature off from settings during a remote play session is also not possible as it requires the console to restart, which would again turn off or on the tv...

submitted by /u/zandberg
    [link] [comments]

/u/zandberg, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Rotzetool Win User

Sound issue with the Stereo headset adapter

Yes the controller + adapter is up to date. The problem seems to be connected to how the console handles the hdmi output. It seems when the connection is not present anymore the console disables the output.

If somebody could test this on their console it could be really helpful. Basically change the input on the TV or Receiver the xbox is connected to and check if the headset still plays the xbox audio.

Maybe the issue is connected to my HDMI receiver and how it handles hdmi-switching. I also tried to disable HDMI-CEC and ARC but the problem still exists.
  3. Orokana Yurei Win User

xbox one s and Sony z9f sound bar

Olov,

I am not sure what the actual fix is here, however there are some things you can look at to see if it is the cause.

First make sure that your TV and sound bar are connected via whichever port is labeled as the ARC (Audio Return Channel) input. In addition to this, ensure the HDMI cable supports ARC.

Second check to see if Apple TV and the Xbox are fighting over control of the inputs. You can disable the HDMI-CEC function on the TV and see if the issue resolves itself. Generally, if I recall correctly, this is a per port setting with the TV on ports
    that use the CEC function. Try turning CEC off on one or both HDMI ports on the TV and see if this fixes your issue. If your sound bar also has HDMI-CEC settings then that may be the culprit.

HDMI-CEC allows devices connected to your TV through HDMI ports to communicate back and forth with your TV. The devices can have some control
    over the TV, and the TV can have some control over the devices. This means you could control your Blu-ray player through your TV remote, for example. Or devices can automatically change your TV’s input when they need to do something.

Also if have not done so, I generally advise firmware updates of both the TV and soundbar. Often these updates will include compatibility fixes.
  4. Koop10010 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands. So it's not going to automatically switch inputs to the right one. I suppose it could switch an input if the TV is already on and the code to power on the TV changes the input
    if the TV is already on.
  5. Chunky DeMonkey Win User

Switch DVR input when Xbox One is turned on

I think that is an hdmi cec thing and should be a setting within your avr to sense the signal is in use and performs the auto switching of your input.
  6. Wade Dorrell Win User

How do enable CEC on an Xbox One?

I think it'd be helpful to update this answer, since in theory it could've changed.

As of September 2019, no Xbox One model supports automatic routing of receiver/TV inputs to align to its HDMI-Out, or aligning power-on states, using HDMI-CEC.

Xbox One supports sending IR signals (through Kinect, IR extension cable, or via IR emitter on the console itself) to turn on/off receiver/TV, change volume, and control a cable box attached to its HDMI-In, but its IR system cannot be configured to route input
    automatically. (The IR can be used to manually change inputs, e.g. using the Xbox mobile app emulating a traditional remote control.)

Comparisons are often made to Nintendo Switch, PS3/PS4, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Fire TV, all of which send commands over HDMI out that some TVs/receivers support for one-touch power-on and coordination of inputs. The standard those products use is
    HDMI-CEC, which has a number of trade names, e.g. "Anynet+" or a variety of plays on "sync", "link", or "CEC."
Thema:

1. HDMI-CEC Input switching need to be disabled for remote play - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC Input

2. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  3. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  4. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. HDMI CEC Input Switching Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC Input Switching Question: I have it selected but it won't switch automatically to the XBOX Series X input when the DirecTV box is still on. It will only switch when the DirecTV box is turned off. Thanks, Craig....
  7. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox Series X, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted...
  8. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted 2....
  9. HDMI-CEC Input Switching with Series S (and X)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC Input Switching with Series S (and X)?: Just got a new Series S and so far love it. One thing I haven't figured out, or perhaps its just different from the PS4/5 and AppleTV I also use is HDMI-CEC Input Switching. I think Ive got it...
  10. Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S HDMI-CEC won't change the input. can I set a delay?: I traded in a Nintendo Switch at Gamestop for the Series S I have now. The Switch would turn my ONN TV on and change the input when I turned it on. The Xbox just turns the TV on and doesn't change...