HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X)

Discus and support HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is anyone else having this issue? It was working perfectly fine before but now Series X doesn't turn on my TV. It still turns it off when my console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AS_Empire, Nov 30, 2020.

1. /u/AS_Empire
    /u/AS_Empire Guest

HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X)

Is anyone else having this issue? It was working perfectly fine before but now Series X doesn't turn on my TV. It still turns it off when my console turns off.

submitted by /u/AS_Empire
    [link] [comments]

/u/AS_Empire, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

: Xbox One X won't turn on my TV anymore

Have you checked the TV itself?

I have an LG TV (different model) and sometimes HDMI-CEC is disabled on my Xbox One X's HDMI input after I change audio output (if I want to use my headphones for a while, for example). Its weird, I've never been able to get to the bottom of why
    it happens but, sure enough, go to my TV's general settings while on the HDMI input and SIMPLINK (LG's name for HDMI-CEC) is off. Turn it back on and I'm good to go.

- Jason
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  4. annix Win User

What do you play on?

Right now I’m on a 42 inch Samsung QLED 4K HDR set, but before the Series X is out I’m planning on upgrading to the LG C9 or CX in 65 inch. I need that HDMI 2.1 120hz OLED goodness in my life.
  5. H3llzone Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Series X. Straight into a 2020 LG CX. Then onto a AVR via arc.

Sorry, no DTS but bitstream DD5.1 works.

DTS only works if I bypass the TV and go straight into the AVR, LG'S won't pass through DTS.

Matt
    I wanted to reply since I just came across this issue with my series x and I figured out the issue and it worked for me. I have a LG c9 and I’m using an av receiver and what I did was I went to all settings on my tv> sound> additional settings and then I changed HDMI input audio format to bitstream. I don’t know why it was changed to pcm but it may have been part of an update but since then everything is green now with audio. Hope this helps you guys
  6. Juansero1229 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

As I said on the post, yes, they're both on the latest firmware. The TV's 4k/HDR capabilities work perfectly with the PS4 Pro and with content played from a hard drive. So I don't think the TV is the problem. It's a problem specifically between the Xbox
    One X and the TV. So I think the Xbox needs a firmware update for compatibility between its HDMI2.0b output and the LG C9's 2.1 HDMI input.

How can I file a request or report a problem to Microsoft or Xbox so that this gets some attention from support? There doesn't seem to be any way to contact an official channel or Xbox spokesperson for solving this kind of issue.
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X) - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC doesn't

2. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  3. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  4. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  7. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't: : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and...
  8. HDMI-CEC doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC doesn't work: Hi guys! Another question on a newly bought XBOX Series X - for whatever reason it doesn't turn on / off my TV when I enable / disable the console. HDMI-CEC is enabled, I've doublechecked, my...
  9. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...
  10. Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?: I go in the settings to try to find this issue and I end up finding some kind of control and punch in my devices into the device control area. A 65" Sony TV and an Onkyo receiver to make...