HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar

Discus and support HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a weird specific issue. I have a series S into an Insignia TV with a Sonos Beam Soundbar. The Soundbar is in an Arc hdmi port, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelDuggan4, Apr 22, 2021.

1. HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar

Hi all,

I have a weird specific issue. I have a series S into an Insignia TV
    with a Sonos Beam Soundbar. The Soundbar is in an Arc hdmi port, so I
    can use my Xbox media remote to control the volume through the tv.

My
    problem is that when the Xbox turns on the TV, I get an error message
    saying my audio device doesn’t support volume control and there is no
    audio available. Turning off the tv and back on fixes this. If I disable
    that particular Cec function and turn on the tv separate from the Xbox
    there is no issue. I was hoping to be able to control both power and volume through my xbox media remote and am very close, short of this one weird issue that has popped up.

Has anyone else
    experienced this? My thought is that maybe it thinks the Xbox is an
    audio device before it can realize there is a Soundbar connected? Just a
    guess, hoping someone can help.

Thank you!

:)

MichaelDuggan4, Apr 22, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

No atmos with 4k on

I dont believe xbox supports CEC which will give you issues when trying to use HDMI arc to the tv then your soundbar. You would most likely have to use an optical cable from the tv to the sound bar and not hdmi or run the optical straight from the xbox.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

Hi

Can you try looking through your instruction manuals for your TV and soundbar and look for an option to turn off HDMI CEC and also turn off the ARC feature to see if you still experience the same issues.
  5. Singular Apathy Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

Are you directly connecting the soundbar to the Xbox or are you connecting through your TV? It's better to connect to the Xbox and use another HDMI to connect to the TV. Have you changed any sync settings? Alternately, and in general, this problem is an
    HDMI-ARC/CEC issue so it may be an inherent problem with the connection, rather than anything else, in which case there's no fix.
  6. Xentonix Win User

XBOX One X no connection to TV (no HDMI output)

I've had a similar issue in the past. My resolution was that I had the HDMI plugged into HDMI ARC and it was switching audio between my TV and Soundbar. Caused both video and Sound to just go to my Soundbar lol Try a non-ARC port (HDMI 2 or 3) if it's
    not a separate sound system issue (i.e. Soundbar, Surround Sound). Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC ARC

2. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  3. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  4. Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI-CEC Functionality: Hi, Hoping someone can lend some thoughts on this one. I've logged multiple problem reports and even escalated it up pretty high only to be told to log it via the Report A Problem feature (again....
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...
  7. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring: Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders. Eight...
  8. Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC: I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After change for Xbox Series S, sometimes has no sound...
  9. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha): TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC....
  10. HDMI CEC or ARC or both?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC or ARC or both?!: So, My kit is the following: LG Smart TV 47" Sony STR-DN1020 with 7 discrete speakers hooked up to it and a sub. Setup like this: Sky -- TV (ARC enables 5.1 DD back to amp) HDMI 2 PS3 -- Amp...