HDMI Cables

Discus and support HDMI Cables in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! if anyone actually bothers to help me then thank you! It has been a goal of mine to become a youtuber one day. After months of saving up I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhostBlazerX, Jan 6, 2014.

1. GhostBlazerX
    GhostBlazerX Guest

HDMI Cables

Hi there! if anyone actually bothers to help me then thank you! It has been a goal of mine to become a youtuber one day. After months of saving up I have finally gotten an legato game capture and a good collection of games. I tried to set it up and everything
    went smoothly until I needed to connect an HDMI cable from the xbox to the elgato. I was frustrated because of a plastic flap on the av cable that covered the HDMI area. I literally chopped off the flap and fixed the problem. But now another problem has risen.
    When ever I have the Elgato and the AV cable connected at the same time I won't see anything on the screen. However when I Elgato is unplugged Everything is normal, but I need the Elgato plugged in to be able to record. Please help me! I don't care what I
    need to buy I just need to know what will allow me to have both together. I had my dream of video making in my grasp and now I'm so close! My COD Ghosts was scratched, My Dad is in the hospital, and now this. I don't need to have another problem. Please help
    me if you can. All I need to know is what I can do to have both plugged in at the same time. Someone please help me. I really hope my streak of bad luck will end sometime soon.

:)

GhostBlazerX, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    xbox faulty

Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds frustrating. Did you connect it straight to a tv with the supplied HDMI cable? I had some flicker issues and it was the HDMI cable. I mean it is possible you got two bad systems, but it is also possible you have a couple of crappy HDMI cables lying around your house, like I did.

Gringo, Jan 6, 2014
  3. sunkist2012
    sunkist2012 Guest
    Xbox 360 and HDMI

How are you displaying your Xbox 360 - with or without an HDMI cable? We just bought a new TV today (yay! lol) and since it's HDMI capable, we bought an HDMI cable and hooked the Xbox 360 up with it. Man, does it make a WORLD of difference!

sunkist2012, Jan 6, 2014
  4. HDMI Cables

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

When you have two cables plugged into the Xbox 360. It confuses it because it doesn't know what to do. Its like when you plug an Earthnet cable into your Xbox when you have the adapter plugged in. It doesn't work because its confused.

Now I'm not too sure with capture cards, but I do bellive it needs to be plugged into your TV. I might be wrong but try it and see what happens

Please post back your results

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  5. GhostBlazerX
    GhostBlazerX Guest
    First, I want to thank you for trying to help me. Its driving me insane on how I might have just wasted 200 dollars.

You are correct that one of the cables must be connected to your television, but there are three cables that need to be attatched in total. One from the monitor to the capture card via HDMI. Another from the elgato to a computer via usb. A third one connected
    from the elgato to the xbox via an HDMI. When I have it plugged in it is supposed to get video from the TV and audio from the xbox, the elgato just sends it a to my computer. My xbox thinks that it is supposed to be used for connection instead of video feed.
    Is there a setting that I can use to fix this? Please answer me back

GhostBlazerX, Oct 31, 2018
  6. dresden80-AAA98A55-E Win User

Question: Will any HDMI cable work for the Xbox One?

Any HDMI cable will work. They just recently ratified the new standard of 1.4 so the cables are as follows:

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, these are the following cable types defined for HDMI in general:]

Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p

Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Automotive HDMI Cable

High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K, 3D and deep color

High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

So you don't NEED to purchase a High Speed HDMI cable, but it would be best for the future if / when the Xbox One goes to 1080p or 4k.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Loose power cable for Xbox One S

Check to make sure the HDMI cable is completely plugged in. Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the ‘HDMI In’ port instead of the ‘HDMI Out’ port. It is also possible that the HDMI cable may be faulty, consider purchasing a replacement HDMI cable.
  8. Philip1979 Win User

HDMI Cable

Poundland cables do the job; been using one for the last 2 years and its spot on!
  9. Majikthise Win User

HDMI Cable

A lot of confusion between composite and component video because of the similar sounding names.

Also confusion between RGB and component because of the colours of the cables.

-

Xbox, (and the other consoles) are normally supplied with a 3 way red/white/yellow cable plus an adapter block to fit European SCART sockets. This supplies composite video + left and right audio. This is the worst way to get the video to your TV, but is
    also the way that is compatible with the most displays.

-

If you still use a non-HD TV, the a fully wired RGB scart cable will give you the best picture (an s-video cable would also be a good choice if you have a free socket an no free RGB SCART)

If you have an HD ready TV then component, VGA and HDMI will all give you a great HD picture.

If you have a FULL HD TV (1080p) then component or VGA may work as well (depending on the brand of your TV) but you are safest using an mid priced (£5) HDMI cable.
  10. artful c0dger Win User

HDMI Cable

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

Cheers for that PlatinumSpectre - I have seen that many versions of the HDMI cable-it was a case of mmmmmmmmmmmm??

Theres one with gold tips, brass tips etc for better quality etc and I was thinking to myself Does it really make a diffrence - a cables a cable!

[/quote]

I've used both the official M$ one & ones from the poundshop & tbh i can't tell any difference in quality.
Thema:

HDMI Cables

1. HDMI Cables - Similar Threads - HDMI Cables

2. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  3. Magnetic 2.1 8k hdmi cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Magnetic 2.1 8k hdmi cable: Looking to get a new hdmi cable for my xsx, seen 8k with one end a magnetic break away. Has anyone used on and thoughts on its performance? 5cc17889-ee19-486a-9716-f7de2b597dcb
  4. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  5. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  6. What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?: What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S? Where can I see pictures of what I bring to it? 58077503-9396-4b70-ab59-d728e3e96585
  7. Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...: When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p and I have an xbox one...
  8. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  9. I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...: Is my sound chip faulty, and if so, does Microsoft still do repairs on the Xbox one? 96510a5e-07a6-4d81-ac7b-84e5b36b33d0
  10. I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...: What cable would I need on Xbox series x to work with the asus tuf VG249Q1R to run on 120fps or is a hdmi 2.1cable fine? 585b3545-5015-4242-a2ee-eb2845719f23