HDMI Audio Setting

Discus and support HDMI Audio Setting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where it seems my One is resetting the HDMI audio setting. Just about every other day I'll start up a game and realize I'm only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ToeFurB, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ToeFurB
    ToeFurB Guest

HDMI Audio Setting

I'm having an issue where it seems my One is resetting the HDMI audio setting. Just about every other day I'll start up a game and realize I'm only getting stereo. Back out go to settings and HDMI audio will be on Stereo Uncompressed rather than 5.1 Uncompressed
    where I previously set it? Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to remedy it?

:)

ToeFurB, Jan 2, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    EggsBoxJuan, Jan 2, 2014
  3. LuvOfThaGame
    LuvOfThaGame Guest
    Help. No sound from Comcast television whatsoever...

I don't have comcast but I wonder if there is something in the cable box settings for hdmi audio out...also double check your xbox settings in display & sound...digital audio...hdmi audio...try different settings...if not, hold power button for 5 sec, unplug, reboot and try again...I take it u already did the automatic tv setup on Xbox right?

LuvOfThaGame, Jan 2, 2014
  4. tonydeadx
    tonydeadx Guest

HDMI Audio Setting

Surround sound is only currently available from a DVD or Blue Ray. The Xbox One will not pass your cable surround sound through to your home theater receiver, it will only be stereo. There is a beta for this:

Settings

My Games & Apps

TV & One guide

Trouble Shooting

Surround Sound Beta

Hard to believe isn't it?

tonydeadx, Jan 2, 2014
  5. ToeFurB
    ToeFurB Guest
    I'm not using my cable box with my One. This is the system wide setting located in Settings, Display & Audio.

ToeFurB, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  7. Tarnend Win User

No sound through tv after disconnecting headphones

in your audio settings on your xbox is it set for no hdmi audio?
  8. CyTeK1978 Win User

X Box One Headset

maybe some Settings for Audio, Party Chat and or Changed the Output to HDMi or something else. Check the Audio Settings on Xbox and the Party+ Output Settings. i also had such an issue and it was the HDMI Audio Setting for me.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Sound Issue

10. ToeFurB Win User

HDMI Audio Setting

I'm not using my cable box with my One. This is the system wide setting located in Settings, Display & Audio.
Thema:

HDMI Audio Setting

1. HDMI Audio Setting - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio Setting

2. I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...: Is my sound chip faulty, and if so, does Microsoft still do repairs on the Xbox one? 96510a5e-07a6-4d81-ac7b-84e5b36b33d0
  3. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...
  4. Why isn't my hdmi audio working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my hdmi audio working?: [img] My audio used to always work through hdmi to my monitor and now this is showing up, I've tried switching cable and playing around with the settings but nothing is working. any ideas on how...
  5. Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital: I am running a 5.1 Sonos sound system through ARC HDMI into my TV. I have an Xbox One and Series X in other HDMI ports of my TV. Xbox One is correctly showing 5.1 and Dolby Digital as options for...
  6. Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio: My xbox one console I noticed had no sound. I check in the audio settings and it was set to optical audio out. It will not let me select hdmi audio, that opton is greyed out. On the general volume...
  7. Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...

in XboX Insiders
    Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...: Never experienced this issue and I play FIFA every year. When HDMI Audio is set to stereo, there's no problem at all. Only when headset is chosen. Maybe a Dolby Atmos issue when recording saving...
  8. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X: On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on...
  9. Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo: TLDR: Earbuds in the Xbox controller 3.5mm jack (for chat audio only) = no home theater 5.1.2 audio via HDMI. I've reported this issue through the console, but wanted to make a post here to see...
  10. Xbox doesn't turn off HDMI audio when a Headset is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't turn off HDMI audio when a Headset is connected: When will the Xbox manage to switch between audio outputs instead of using all of them at the same time ? People who need that for recording should have the option to activate it manually....