HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

Discus and support HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; HDMI arc sound will stop working as soon as i connect the xbox series X. Tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv (lg c9). Factory reset both the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Swimming_Charge_9823, May 22, 2023.

1. HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

HDMI arc sound will stop working as soon as i connect the xbox series X. Tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv (lg c9). Factory reset both the console and tv still the same issue

submitted by /u/Swimming_Charge_9823
    [link] [comments]

/u/Swimming_Charge_9823, May 22, 2023
  2. Tigtat1977 Win User

Help with audio issue on Xbox one s.

Forgot to give setup. Xbox is connected to tv directly via hdmi, then tv out to receiver via hdmi arc. It has always worked like this before with old xbox one. I tried connecting direct to reciever then pic to tv via arc, but then it says it is not 4k. Even
    though reciever is capable of 4k arc passthrough.
  3. paddygunner Win User

Audio set up issues

I’m very happy with mine too, however, when I use the sound bar for pass through and select arc I get no sound or picture and have to run it through the hdmi option. If I connect the Xbox to the tv hdmi 2 and then the sound bar to hdmi 3(arc) I get picture
    with no sound despite all settings suggesting that it should work. If I use an in built app on the tv and watch it through arc it works perfectly. All mildly frustrating.
  4. VirajNirwan Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

It is connected via hdmi arc directly to the soundbar. arc is just the shortform for HDMI audio return channel.
  5. SzymonMackiewicz Win User

Dolby Atmos erorr 0x80bd0009.

With your setup Atmos cannot.be setup through HDMI. For this to work the sound passes through your tv (HDMI ARC to TV and then TV to sound system) which you said your tv doesn't support. Btw the Xbox doesnt support ARC connections either. The only
    way this is going to work is if it is supported by your tv as it must pass through your tv. Unfortunately optical connection doesn't support Atmos either.
    can you help me? because I have connected consoles for soundbar up to hdmi 1 and soundbar connected to tv using hdmi arc and still do not have sound Dolby atmos, the same message pops up. write me what should I do? and is it the fault of the microsoft?
  6. Puppy Fujo Win User

Dolby Atmos erorr 0x80bd0009.

With your setup Atmos cannot.be setup through HDMI. For this to work the sound passes through your tv (HDMI ARC to TV and then TV to sound system) which you said your tv doesn't support. Btw the Xbox doesnt support ARC connections either. The only way
    this is going to work is if it is supported by your tv as it must pass through your tv. Unfortunately optical connection doesn't support Atmos either.
Thema:

HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

1. HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox - Similar Threads - HDMI Arc stopped

2. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  3. Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc: Hi, I have a problem that seems very simple but I keep finding complicated and contradictory answers in various fora. I have an xbox one S attached to an older TV that does not have HDMI arc. I...
  4. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  5. HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X: Hi I have an LG C1 with the Xbox Series X plugged into it directly and then ARC sending the sound to my Panasonic Dolby Digital 5.1 Blu-ray player combined home theatre via HDMI (sadly DTS...
  6. Sound issues with HDMI E-ARC. Xbox-x to Tv to Receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound issues with HDMI E-ARC. Xbox-x to Tv to Receiver: I recently re-did how I had my hdmi cords set up. I had it set up like so; Xbox-x to receiver to tv. I noticed I wasn’t getting 4K gaming doing that, so I switched my HDMI cables to this; Xbox-x...
  7. Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC: I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After change for Xbox Series S, sometimes has no sound...
  8. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X: On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on...
  9. Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

in XboX Insiders
    Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC: Just got my Series X a couple days ago and I'm very disappointed in the audio lag. It's connected directly to my 75" Samsung UHD LED TV via the HDMI 2.1 cable the Xbox came with. Audio is then fed...
  10. HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar: Hi all, I have a weird specific issue. I have a series S into an Insignia TV with a Sonos Beam Soundbar. The Soundbar is in an Arc hdmi port, so I can use my Xbox media remote to control the...