HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X

Discus and support HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have an LG C1 with the Xbox Series X plugged into it directly and then ARC sending the sound to my Panasonic Dolby Digital 5.1 Blu-ray player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James W2, Apr 3, 2023.

1. James W2
    James W2 Guest

HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X

Hi

I have an LG C1 with the Xbox Series X plugged into it directly and then ARC sending the sound to my Panasonic Dolby Digital 5.1 Blu-ray player combined home theatre via HDMI (sadly DTS passthrough not supported by this TV).

I have other devices that work fine with Dolby Digital 5.1, but when I use my Xbox Series X it's fine for quite some time when playing games with the standard 5.1 channels all being used, but then randomly it will start pushing most of the sound in rear right and front left. It's beyond bizarre!

Thanks in advance...

:)

James W2, Apr 3, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi James W2,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Note Consult your TV manufacturer for Dolby Vision gaming compatibility and firmware updates.

If your 4K@120Hz TV supports Dolby Vision gaming at 4K@60Hz but not 4K@120Hz, follow this guidance for Dolby Vision gaming, and reach out to your TV manufacturer.

Gaming in Dolby Vision:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & Display options.
    2. Set Resolution to 4K.
    3. Set Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
    Gaming in 120fps:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & Display options.
    2. Set Resolution to 4K.
    3. Set Refresh Rate to 120Hz.
    If your TV has the latest firmware and you’re experiencing display latency or input lag while gaming in Dolby Vision, disable Dolby Vision while gaming and reach out to your TV manufacturer.

To disable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision > Off.

If your TV or monitor displays a blank screen after enabling Dolby Vision, unplug and reattach the HDMI cable. If you still see a blank screen, reboot your Xbox console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button  on your controller.
    2. Choose Turn off console or Restart console > Restart.
    Dolby Vision on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Villarino Win User

Audio settings

Hello D3mondkid12! Dolby Digital is a system that designates 2.0 up to 5.1 or more channels where the speakers are arranged horizontally (designations include Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital
    Plus) Dolby TrueHD is the next step but the speakers are still arranged horizontally.

Dolby Atmos is a system where speakers are arranged both horizontally and vertically. Examples include 3.1.2, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4. The first number is the number of horizontal speakers, the second number
    is the subwoofer, and the third number is the number of vertical speakers (vertical speakers can be placed on the ceiling or pointing up from the top of the horizontal speakers). Dolby Atmos information can be encoded within a Dolby True HD signal - if you
    have a Dolby Atmos Blu-ray and your receiver doesn’t feature Dolby Atmos decoding, it will default to Dolby TrueHD, Hope it helps!
  5. EhsaanShaikh Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Yes i know it doesn’t support dolby atmos but it supports dolby digital which xbox series x does and i connect xbox to hdmi into soundbar it does give me option for 5.1 but resolution drops to 1080p
  6. SandM1tch Win User

Connection Sound Bar Using HDMI

For reference, HDMI ARC is meant for a TV to send the sound it receives from something like its digital TV tuner "upstream" to your soundbar.

The way you have it set up physically is correct, just that its not depending on ARC (Xbox One audio gets stripped from the HDMI cable by your soundbar and sends the video onto your TV).

Try changing the audio setting on the Xbox One to Stereo Uncompressed, make sure the soundbar isn't muted, etc. Maybe your Soundbar doesn't support 5.1 uncompressed, but 5.1 compressed Dolby Digital or DTS.
Thema:

1. HDMI ARC Dolby Digital 5.1 speaker arrangement changes during game on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - HDMI ARC Dolby

2. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  3. Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting an xbox one to a soundbar attached to a TV without HDMI arc: Hi, I have a problem that seems very simple but I keep finding complicated and contradictory answers in various fora. I have an xbox one S attached to an older TV that does not have HDMI arc. I...
  4. HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI Arc stopped working when connecting xbox: HDMI arc sound will stop working as soon as i connect the xbox series X. Tried different hdmi cables and ports on my tv (lg c9). Factory reset both the console and tv still the same issue...
  5. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  6. Sound issues with HDMI E-ARC. Xbox-x to Tv to Receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound issues with HDMI E-ARC. Xbox-x to Tv to Receiver: I recently re-did how I had my hdmi cords set up. I had it set up like so; Xbox-x to receiver to tv. I noticed I wasn’t getting 4K gaming doing that, so I switched my HDMI cables to this; Xbox-x...
  7. Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox problem with HDMI CEC and ARC: I have 2 different setup of TV/HT, Sony FHD with Sony HT HDMI ARC and Samsung 4K TV with Samsung HT HDMI ARC. With Sony PS4 ZERO problems.. After change for Xbox Series S, sometimes has no sound...
  8. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X: On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on...
  9. Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

in XboX Insiders
    Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC: Just got my Series X a couple days ago and I'm very disappointed in the audio lag. It's connected directly to my 75" Samsung UHD LED TV via the HDMI 2.1 cable the Xbox came with. Audio is then fed...
  10. HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC and ARC issue with XBOX and Soundbar: Hi all, I have a weird specific issue. I have a series S into an Insignia TV with a Sonos Beam Soundbar. The Soundbar is in an Arc hdmi port, so I can use my Xbox media remote to control the...