HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this...

Discus and support HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I want to reinstall the system on my Xbox One X, and i forgot that i a insider. My system is 10.0.2261.2833. Thats it... im stuck... Thats is no OSU1... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rogeriomlobo, Nov 11, 2022.

1. HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this...

I want to reinstall the system on my Xbox One X, and i forgot that i a insider. My system is 10.0.2261.2833. Thats it... im stuck... Thats is no OSU1 to reinstall... Or have and i don´t know ? Anyone knowss what to do?

submitted by /u/rogeriomlobo
    [link] [comments]

/u/rogeriomlobo, Nov 11, 2022
  2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Xbox 360 won't boot HDD after update :(

Hey ukpc5,

Unfortunately it does sounds like there is a bad sector on your HDD.

Do you still have all of your data on your
    old HDD? If so, I would suggest reformatting your new HDD, and hopefully that will fix that bad sector. Then try using the new HDD again.

If that does not work, that means your HDD is bad, and you will want to
    get your Xbox product repaired

Let us know if you have any questions!
  3. FabioHVSilva Win User

Cleaning my Xbox One S

That is a problem of HDD. I would suggest to get an extern hdd. That's mean the internal HDD only will work with the SO. The HDD could have bad sectores.
  4. stevenicks Win User

Gears of Worst: Failed Edition

I'm not to sure so don't quote me on it, but if you have a bad sector/s on your hard disk I would say it's highly unlikely you would be able to install the game in the first place

as it would fail to wright to the bad sector unless the sector has been marked before hand, there for it would of been written to the next good sector, so would have no ill effect.

it could be the data once written has at some point has become corrupted at some point but again unlikely as GG has download the game more than once.

how ever if the HDD is starting to fail and it does have bad sectors which are not marked as bad sectors and data does manage to get written to them this could case a whole host of odd issue, from Very slow performance (due to trying to fetch corrupt data
    from bad sectors), missing data etc.

software that repairs a bad HDD simply scans every sector of the hard disk and any Bad sectors are marked as bad so the hard drive will not write to that sector anymore.

I would say this is ok if you only have a few bad sectors but my advise would replace the drive ASAP

I still thinking a hard reset may solve GG's issue although if it does not then I would try a replacement hard drive.

if you had another drive you could connect to your xbox you could transfer the games from your suspected hdd then the drive you suspect may be faulty connect to windows PC and use the Error checking option to repair/mark any bad sectors, if there are any
    windows error checking will tell you after scan disk.
  5. m1l7onG Win User

Halo Reach Damaged

bad sector on my hdd, i dont think so because I downloaded doritos 2 and everything was ok...
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Xbox freezes when starting downloads of games, previous issues in the past

Your HDD most likely has physically damaged areas on the platters which the re-format marks as bad but more sectors progressively become corrupt because it's physical damage. The only thing you can do is buy a new HDD.
Thema:

HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this...

1. HDD Bad Sector, switch to new SSD... And i stuck to this... - Similar Threads - HDD Bad Sector

2. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  3. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  4. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  5. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  6. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue with Xbox series S: My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the...
  7. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  8. How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?

in XboX Insiders
    How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?: I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also would also freeze up at 4k screen before Xbox...
  9. Is my HDD going bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my HDD going bad?: Need some help - I think I broke hubby's Xbox while he's deployed... eek! We have a 360 Slim with a memory stick. It's been totally fine up until last night. Had Fallout New Vegas in the drive,...
  10. Bad HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad HDD?: How do I know if the HDD is bad? I have a 320GB HDD that will not play games. The game works just fine with another 250GB HDD. How can I fix my HDD? a2be0f72-593f-4b95-9f8b-a8de567d667a