HBO Now App does not allow sign in with "Other Acccount" from a provider

Discus and support HBO Now App does not allow sign in with "Other Acccount" from a provider in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Do you know if HBO Now app will be updated to sign in with 3rd party email accounts? Amazon Channels' HBO subscription states that it support HBO Now,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FerBear81, Jul 24, 2017.

1. FerBear81
    FerBear81 Guest

Do you know if HBO Now app will be updated to sign in with 3rd party email accounts?

Amazon Channels' HBO subscription states that it support HBO Now, and I can login just fine with my IPhone, but there's no option in the Xbox One app to use other providers account.

I love to use my Xbox as an actual entertainment center, but it's a shame that is behind in some top apps updates.

:)

FerBear81, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Hazenson
    Hazenson Guest
    HBO NOW/GO

HBO GO is for cable subscribers which has an Xbox app. This is why the options are all for cable providers and does not include Apple. HBO NOW is the direct HBO subscription through iTunes/Apple which does NOT (currently) have an Xbox app. I'm in the exact
    same boat. There is a kind of lame workaround though (link below) but requires an additional subscription app to work.

bgr.com/.../hbo-now-on-android-xbox-one-and-ps4

Hazenson, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Nagon117
    Nagon117 Guest
    Screen auto-dimming after 10 minutes

Same issue occurring while watching HBO Now, it is not happening with any other streaming app on my Xbox

Nagon117, Jul 24, 2017
  4. User 9242019 Win User

HBO GO POLAND

Since Microsoft has nothing to do with creating or allowing outside provider apps to access specific countries, you will have to contact HBO and ask them when they will provide access from Poland.

This is an HBO issue, not MS.
  5. Hazenson Win User

HBO NOW/GO

HBO GO is for cable subscribers which has an Xbox app. This is why the options are all for cable providers and does not include Apple. HBO NOW is the direct HBO subscription through iTunes/Apple which does NOT (currently) have an Xbox app. I'm in the exact
    same boat. There is a kind of lame workaround though (link below) but requires an additional subscription app to work.

bgr.com/.../hbo-now-on-android-xbox-one-and-ps4
  6. DeathlyWK Win User

Xfinity

They don't even support the HBO Go app and their own app does not even work. Maybe it time for me to change providers.
  7. StanleyStutters Win User

HBO to Go and Xfinity APP.

[quote user="staticscreamo"]

You can watch HBO shows on the Xfinity App...

[/quote]

That's true you can, however the collection of HBO movies and shows available through Xfinity On-Demand isn't even close to the amount that's available through HBO Go. And what's frustrating about it is that there are several smaller TV providers that allow
    access, yet Xfinity refuses. Also Xfinity allows HBO Go access on some devices like a laptop, but they won't allow Roku devices or XBL. It makes absolutely no sense.
  8. CorruptDNA Win User

NO MORE HBO GO ON XBOX ONE?

No - MS doesn't develop the app, HBO does. Something nasty happened between HBO and MS as HBO seems to have dropped the XBOX One app all together and is concentrating on Play Station now. They just released HBO Go for the PS3 not long ago and has announced
    PS4 is next - crazy huh? Google it if you don't believe it.
Thema:

1. HBO Now App does not allow sign in with "Other Acccount" from a provider - Similar Threads - HBO App does

2. Why isn’t Atmos working on AppleTV, HBO, and other streaming apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t Atmos working on AppleTV, HBO, and other streaming apps?: Hi, so I decided to start using my Series X for streaming. I have it connected to my Atmos sound bar and in Xbox settings it’s running Dolby Atmos for home theater. Atmos signal works on...
  3. HBO Max app

in XBoX on Windows
    HBO Max app: Does HBO max works on Xbox one in Romania? I could not find the app in the Xbox store? Should I do something special? 82891937-c213-4969-8ef1-931e2739567b
  4. Xbox HBO Max and Netflix App Glitch

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox HBO Max and Netflix App Glitch: Hi was wondering if anybody was having issues where the screen looks rainbow with HBO max shows on their Xbox and if there was any way to fix it. It is also happening to some shows on Netflix but...
  5. HBO MAX App got all messed up...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HBO MAX App got all messed up...: Been using HBO Max for a while no issues. play using Xbox One X this time when I tried to launch the app it started, went back to home screen, launched iteself again, to blackscreen, then...
  6. Why can't we still have access to the HBO Now app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't we still have access to the HBO Now app?: Why can't we still have access to the HBO Now app? My subscription is through Amazon and they haven't made a deal yet. I should be able to still watch HBO Now but everything is switched over to...
  7. HBO Max App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HBO Max App: Anybody else having issues installing the HBO Max app? I keep trying to download it and it keeps saying"Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." fe407ae8-8884-4a91-94b8-707e53bd2709
  8. app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360): Não consigo achar nem baixar o app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim, Porque ? me ajudem por favor ! [Translation] I can't find or download the HBO GO app on my Xbox 360 Slim, why? Help me please!...
  9. App Hbo go in Brasil

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App Hbo go in Brasil: I would like to download the hbo go app in Brazil, but I'm not getting it. Can someone help me to download this app? c0928fcd-7042-44f0-808c-99c3e8551371
  10. HBO GO app XBOX ONE ARGENTINA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HBO GO app XBOX ONE ARGENTINA: alguien sabe cuando estara disponible la aplicacion de HBO GO en la XBOX ONE de ARGENTINA? hay planes de lanzarla? Does anyone know when the HBO GO application will be available on the XBOX ONE...