Having Xbox game bar issues/party chat not working

Discus and support Having Xbox game bar issues/party chat not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My party chat through game bar only works for the first party I join. If I get disconnected/leave the party/join a different party when I join the next... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DeliveryLocal2084, Jul 7, 2024.

1. Having Xbox game bar issues/party chat not working

My party chat through game bar only works for the first party I join. If I get disconnected/leave the party/join a different party when I join the next party I won’t be able to hear anyone but they can hear me. If I restart my pc the first party I join will function properly again. However if I leave,disconnect, or join another party the problem happens again. It’s become an endless cycle of turning on and off my pc when trying to talk to different friends. Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/DeliveryLocal2084
    [link] [comments]

/u/DeliveryLocal2084, Jul 7, 2024
  2. MarkOfYore Win User

PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

I have the same issue. The workaround I'm using is to "pin" the Party Chat Game Bar widget. This way, the party chat stays visible when the rest of the Game Bar overlay disappears, and it keeps your mic active.
  3. AUSTIN PWER Win User

is windows10 xbox app not able to make parties anymore?

Party chat on Windows/Xbox App still works. An alternative is the Xbox game bar Party.

To bring up the Xbox game bar, Hold the Windows button and Press "G"

From there you will be able to initiate a Party and Much more!
  4. MarkOfYore Win User

I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me when I have the overlay up on my screen, but when I click out of the overlay my mic cuts off.

I have the same issue. There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  5. OhItsStorm Win User

friends list not working on xbox one console

I'm having the same issue. Unable to connect to party chat using Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion. It started between 8pm and 830pm EST.
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

While we’re at it, there’s a related problem many of us are having that Party Chat will not work unless Game Bar is open.
Thema:

Having Xbox game bar issues/party chat not working

1. Having Xbox game bar issues/party chat not working - Similar Threads - Having game bar

2. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar: When someone invites me to a voice chat I would join the voice chat but it keeps saying connecting forever without doing anything but if I host a voice chat it would connect just fine I have even...
  3. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  4. Im having trouble clipping on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having trouble clipping on xbox game bar: i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 4dd7341d-97f3-4098-a95e-f2b8c12d0782
  5. No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...: Whenever I join an Xbox party on my PC, I can hear all of my friends, but they can't hear me unless I have the Xbox Overlay pulled up. I have made sure I am not connected to a VPN, restarted my...
  6. Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC: All other games in Xbox Game bar are launching without issue. However whenever we try to launch Roblox it keeps coming up with an error code which I can't seem to find any information out about....
  7. people can only hear me if i have my xbox game bar open but when i close it nobody can her me

in XBoX on Windows
    people can only hear me if i have my xbox game bar open but when i close it nobody can her me: i just updated the xbox app on my pc and use the party chat to communicate with friends but after the update i need to have the game bar open for anyone to her me in the party< ive tried multiple...
  8. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  9. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  10. Mic only working when I have game bar open

in XboX Insiders
    Mic only working when I have game bar open: When i’m in a party using xbox game bar the people in the party can only hear me when I have game bar open. When it’s close it they can’t hear me but I can hear them just fine. Any fix????...