"Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

Discus and support "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Micah A Saunders, Dec 1, 2022.

1. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found. There's a green bar at the bottom of the app that says the above text in the title with a link to "fix it now". I've tried the solutions there and none have seemed to work, and the most common one, entering commands into Windows PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall game services comes up with an error message that says the system cannot find the file specified.

Edit: After several tries, PowerShell finally opened the Gaming Services page on the Microsoft Store, but there's no option to install it.

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming ***

:)

Micah A Saunders, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Micah A Saunders,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are trying to install and launch games installed from Xbox app. We understand that you have tried to fix this issue by performing troubleshooting. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We appreciate you have shared the steps you performed to fix this. Factors of inability to launch or install a game could be compatibility issues, updates missing, credentials mismatch, etc., To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    2. What specific games are you having issues installing? How about games you were having issues launching?
    3. When you said that PowerShell finally opened the Gaming Services page, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the gaming services through PowerShell?
    4. Are we having issues installing games or apps through Microsoft Store? For suggestions you may try these games if you'd like: Minecraft Launcher, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Sudoku and etc.,
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the steps from a support article and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Try these two sets of troubleshooting for installation and launching issues from this support article: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

does not start my download

Sorry to hear it. Please make sure there are no pending updates for your PC. If there are then please make sure they get done first.

After that, if you're still having trouble installing the game then please try launching the Store app and search for the game there to install it
  5. Burak Gullu Win User

code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows install. i think its an account problem

Having trouble launching the Xbox app on my new PC. I've tried several things in PowerShield and commands, repaired and installed many Xbox related apps, and everything is up to date. I signed up for the 1-month trial of Xbox Game Pass but can’t launch Xbox. I managed to open the app client but it loads and says “Xbox needs an update. We’re getting Xbox ready for you…” and nothing happens for hours.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox game pass for pc permanently pausing

Sorry to hear it. If you are having trouble downloading the game from the beta app then please cancel the install and launch the Store app. Find the game there and start the install again
Thema:

1. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app - Similar Threads - Having trouble installing

2. Having trouble playing games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble playing games: I have to sign in with another account on my Xbox when ever I want to play a specific game on my new Xbox, even games that I bought, this never happened on the old one and just don’t know what I...
  3. I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having trouble with the Xbox network connection?: I'm trying to use my Xbox One, but when I turn it on I can't sign in, and it tells me I have to connect to the Xbox Network but it won't let me. I can't open settings or any other apps also. I've...
  4. "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Check back in a little bit" "We're having trouble getting your stuff right now": Whenever I try and install a digital game I bought, it just says check back in a little bit ad73de0b-b786-4b6c-acaf-7a5a32330059
  5. I Have a Xbox one x and it is on trouble shooting screen with error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Have a Xbox one x and it is on trouble shooting screen with error code...: I have a xbox one x and I'm stuck on the trouble shooting screen with error code E10200000C0180070003 what do I do 86344f33-55f1-4be1-9274-3744edd69177
  6. Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to the Xbox network.: My Xbox says that it is connected to my wi-fi. However, it is not connecting to the Xbox network, so I cannot play online, connect to the store, connect to the game pass, etc. If I connect to my...
  7. Im having trouble joining group posts on xbox gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im having trouble joining group posts on xbox gamebar: im pressing the "Im interested" button but when i get confirmed i have no invite or notification to join? ive tried using different games and updating the game bar and repairing in microsoft...
  8. im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat

in XBoX on Windows
    im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat: im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat 0aca47c3-9948-4c5c-afeb-9f05ce9b10e8
  9. Having trouble connecting to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to wifi: I'm having issues with connection right now and it's only been today that it has started happening as I was playing on my Xbox console completely fine last night, and now today I try and load up...
  10. Im having trouble clipping on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having trouble clipping on xbox game bar: i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 4dd7341d-97f3-4098-a95e-f2b8c12d0782