Having strange issue in xbox - ‘ symbol running continuously while search

Discus and support Having strange issue in xbox - ‘ symbol running continuously while search in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not able to search or perform any action. Always it runs ‘ symbol while searching or typing any input [img] b11653e6-99a8-48af-ba2e-a5dbf7c70fbe Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vaibhav Nayan, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Having strange issue in xbox - ‘ symbol running continuously while search

Not able to search or perform any action. Always it runs ‘ symbol while searching or typing any input
    Having strange issue in xbox - ‘ symbol running continuously while search [​IMG]

:)

Vaibhav Nayan, Dec 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Vaibhav, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. MAN918 Win User

Save problems

Well, the Ambassador closed the chat before I even had a chance to get a word in. Issue not resolved. I will continue my search for a resolution to this issue.

The issue: Cannot save while playing Mass Effect on Xbox One.
  4. onyxishere Win User

320gb hard drive not showing

This is definitely a strange development. Try taking it out and pushing it in completely while the xbox is running. See if that forces recognition.

If not, you may have to return it as defective.
  5. Bestlano Win User

Profile (Gamertag change) error

Hi Dxage, What version of the Xbox App are you using? Have you tried using the Xbox App (Beta) to see if this issue continues? Beta version is running a newer version. You can DL the beta by going to the store on your PC and searching for "Xbox App Beta".
    If the issue continues report the issue using the "Report a problem' located under the happy icon on the left NAV bar in the beta app.

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  6. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox One Snap: Strange symbols

Also, FoxHounder, if you would click the words "Private Message" at the bottom of this post, please send me a message including your console's MAC address - I believe the engineers need that info to know specifically which console needs to be unlinked from
    the previous owner, and this will help speed the process along.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Having strange issue in xbox - ‘ symbol running continuously while search - Similar Threads - Having strange issue

2. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  3. Hi i have a failed refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have a failed refund: Hi can anyone assist me I have a failed refund and when i sent Microsoft an email requesting them to ratcher credit my xbox account with the money so that i can pay for gamepass with it they...
  4. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  5. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  6. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  7. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  8. Xbox Insider Release Notes Have a New Home!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes Have a New Home!: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  9. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  10. My forza horizon 5 is having a strange bug I’ve never seen before, can anyone help me out?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza horizon 5 is having a strange bug I’ve never seen before, can anyone help me out?: I was playing rivals for a decent chunk of time and I set a good lap time on a track, once I backed out I couldn’t access the leaderboards anymore and I thought to myself “must be my internet” and...