Having strange controller problems

Discus and support Having strange controller problems in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just to preface I’m not expert and I’m not very savvy when it comes to troubleshooting issues with my console and accessories. As of recently I’ve... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/gnal667, Dec 7, 2021.

  1. /u/gnal667
    /u/gnal667 Guest

    Having strange controller problems


    Just to preface I’m not expert and I’m not very savvy when it comes to troubleshooting issues with my console and accessories.

    As of recently I’ve been having extremely frustrating problems with my Xbox controllers. I have an Elite series 2 and an older Xbox one controller from my roommate that came with his console in 2017.

    I’ve never had any issues before, but about 2 weeks ago (the same day my roommate set up his Xbox Series X) my elite controller has randomly started to become spotty with it’s connectivity. It doesn’t completely disconnect, but the Xbox button will quickly dim and it seems like it’s shorting out just enough for the console to recognize it and prompt me to connect a controller. Sometimes it’s so mild that my controller just a seems to be lagging or as if some buttons don’t work.

    I resorted to using my roommates old controller and it has been working smoothly until two days ago and now this one is disconnecting and Xbox will prompt me saying “you need a controller to continue playing”. After that prompt shows up my controller quickly restarts itself and is connected again for about 5 minutes.

    I’ve tried updating the firmware on both and it’s up to date, and I’ve tried power cycling both controllers and the Xbox. I’m so frustrated I’m ready to throw it all in the trash.

    submitted by /u/gnal667
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/gnal667, Dec 7, 2021
    #1
  2. ShaunPerry Win User

    Strange Controller Problem

    Still using my "Day One" controller and it does that when the batteries are ready to die. Really helpful in the middle of a game! Lol.
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

    Strange Controller Problem

    I agree.

    My newer model with the 3.5 jack has been solid. My older (less than a year) controller has been retired due to drifting.
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Strange Controller Problem

    Sounds like drifting, there are ways to fix it but its a little techy, the only other way is to buy a new one. if its not one with a 3.5mm jack built in controller I would recommend changing it anyway, they have a better build.
  5. JayG30 Win User

    Strange wireless controller problems

    Thanks for the reply.

    No they aren't all setup as player one. They each get there own controller number (1 through 4).

    If I connect them and just make sure to keep them on, then it is never a problem.

    I'm going to attempt to find some time, and a way, to record this behavior so I can share it with others. It's going to be difficult because there are quite a few things to show (flashing green controller lights, console showing only 1 green indicator, for
    some reason the controller still working, and not being able to disconnect it).
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

    STRANGE Xbox Controller Problem

Thema:

Having strange controller problems

Loading...
  1. Having strange controller problems - Similar Threads - Having strange controller

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT

    in XboX Insiders
    Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT: This new xbox achievement site is awesome, it's being built with fan suggestions and shows how many Mythic achievements you have. You can sign up at: https://xct.live/r/JE5EPP submitted by...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  5. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  6. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  7. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  8. Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital: Hello! I have a series x and am an insider wanting to activate disc to digital for my console. it appears to not be showing even when a game disc is installed and I press the menu button. the game...
  9. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  10. My forza horizon 5 is having a strange bug I’ve never seen before, can anyone help me out?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza horizon 5 is having a strange bug I’ve never seen before, can anyone help me out?: I was playing rivals for a decent chunk of time and I set a good lap time on a track, once I backed out I couldn’t access the leaderboards anymore and I thought to myself “must be my internet” and...