Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

Discus and support Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McKinzie Morris, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

My younger brother passed away back in December 2022, and I just recently (past couple of days) got his Xbox One S. The first night I had it at my apartment, it turned on just fine with no issues, I was able to log into his account and see all the games he was playing which was very heartwarming. I was so glad to have his Xbox as it is now sentimental.

The problem: the next day I went to go turn on the Xbox in hopes to maybe play some Fortnite on my brothers old account, but the Xbox only cut on for one or two seconds and then turned off. I am still able to eject and insert disks into the console, it just immediately turns off after a second or two. The fan does sound like it was trying to start spinning but the console didn’t stay on long enough for it to start. I did a good cleaning and dusting of the Xbox to see if that would do the trick and, alas, it did not help.

The question: would this be as simple as replacing the power cord? Is this possibly an issue with the internal power supply possibly needing to be replaced? I’d love to see if I can get this fixed as it was my late brother’s. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

McKinzie Morris, Jun 4, 2023
  2. McKinzie Morris Win User

Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off.

I figured that might be the case. Would it even be worth it to try to buy a new power cord to see if that solves the issue? Because the Xbox still does receive power and turn on for a couple seconds.

I’m not very tech savvy so I will have it sent off to be repaired. Can I still send it off to Microsoft for repair even though it’s my brothers Xbox? Or would it be best to have a local shop repair it?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello McKinzie, I'm afraid to say, but in this situation I recommend you to get the console inspected.
  4. McKinzie Morris Win User

Hi, yes I tried multiple different outlets that I know work in both the living room and my bedroom. Still no luck in having it turn on and stay on.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

What they mean is that you have a defective power supply, you would have to send it into Microsoft be repaired, or replace it
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello McKinzie, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected situation with your brother's Xbox One S console.
    In some cases, using a new power cord can solve the issue, before considering that option. May I know if you tried connecting the console to a different room or socket to verify if the situation persists?

However, if the inconvenience persists, I recommend you test with a different power cord and then consider getting the console inspected and repaired if changing the power cord doesn't work.
Thema:

1. Having problems with an Xbox One S powering on for a second or two and then turning off. - Similar Threads - Having problems powering

2. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  5. Who’s having problems with Xbox messages because I’m having it right now

in XBoX on Windows
    Who’s having problems with Xbox messages because I’m having it right now: My account is saying “Oops! Looks like you’re stranded… pull down to refresh or try again later.” I’ve tried everything to fix it but my messages won’t load nor can I send any messages...
  6. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  7. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  8. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  9. Xbox S - Refurbished having problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S - Refurbished having problems: Xbox S - when trying to perform a function such at open apps or restart/shut off controller you have to hold the button down on the controller until the display screen shakes and it will...
  10. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...