Having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services

Discus and support Having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services. This started off with games getting stuck in the download queue of the Xbox App. Stuck... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rainbowsrfun, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Rainbowsrfun
    Rainbowsrfun Guest

Hello,

I'm having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services.
    This started off with games getting stuck in the download queue of the Xbox App. Stuck at 0% and unable to cancel the download or download anything else.
    I can no longer launch any games from the Xbox App either.

After trying many things suggested along the forums to troubleshoot the problems myself I had uninstalled/reinstalled the Xbox App and the Gaming Services many times with no results.
    It now seems that the Xbox Game Bar/Xbox Party Chat is disconnecting and crashing whenever I try to join an Xbox Party with anyone.
    After attempting some more troubleshooting the Xbox App is now seemingly randomly crashing after I open it.

:)

Rainbowsrfun, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Rainbowsrfun Win User

No, I have not been able to install any games from the MS Store app or the Xbox app.
    It has prompted me to install the Gaming Services again and seems to have installed fine.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

4. Kimmy_24 Win User

That’s possible, if it case it still persists, you may also want to submit a report.

Try this.

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

You can find it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Rainbowsrfun! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Have you checked if you can install your games via MS Store app? If not, kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that have your games.
  6. Rainbowsrfun Win User

I have deleted the files in the LocalCache and rebooted. This didn't seem to fix not being able to install or launch games.

I opened up the settings for installation drives and it appears that they are already mapped to install to the C drive.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Having issues App

2. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  3. Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?: My app is set to boot up automatically after logging in & for some strange reason, it starts loading like it normally would only to close itself about 30 seconds later. No error message or code,...
  4. I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having issues trying to install the Xbox App: Good morning. I've been trying to install the app of the Xbox on my Windows and is not letting me. It saying "Something went wrong" and it does not installed, I have rebooted my PC and even...
  5. Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.: While watching YouTube on xbox series s (using the YouTube app), if I happen to click on a video that gives the " This video may be inappropriate for some users" message, and then I click "I wish...
  6. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  7. I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11: This is the error i get on the xbox app https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408402899618627586/1154584579223588964/image.png The error i get is Something went wrong with your party please try...
  8. Delta Ring - Audio issues when using Apps or having the guide open

in XboX Insiders
    Delta Ring - Audio issues when using Apps or having the guide open: I just wanted to check if anyone is having the same issue as me. I use Xbox Series S, I'm on delta ring, and for the past week, when I'm using apps, like YouTube, or even just opening the guide...
  9. I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been experiencing a lot of issues regarding the Xbox PC App that have now bled into...: So, as the title suggests, I have experienced a lot of issues with Xbox's PC app, namely being that I cannot download, uninstall, cancel or pause anything in my download section through the app....
  10. Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone else have a issue with the Newsmax app not working?: Is anyone else having an issue with their Newsmax app not working? ae9e271e-be0f-4145-b409-8d33e315e61b