Having Issues With Password Reset Links

Discus and support Having Issues With Password Reset Links in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just got xbox live yesterday. I set it up and everything works fine. I go to play GTA5 online, so it prompts me to login, I attempt to do so. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wizman664, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Wizman664
    Wizman664 Guest

So I just got xbox live yesterday. I set it up and everything works fine. I go to play GTA5 online, so it prompts me to login, I attempt to do so. It brings up the terms and conditions, so I click on it. I forgot my parent password, seeing as how I havent
    have live for several years. So I guess a bunch of times and no dice. So I get on live support forums, and I get assisted by a technician. I fill out the account information to prove that it is my account. So I wait about 30 mins and I get a response email.
    It said that if I follow a link that it would allow me to reset my password. So I click on it but it brings be straight back to the screen prompting me to fill out my information. I think it is a dead link, and I cannot reset my password. I really need assistance,
    can anybody help with my issue

:)

Wizman664, Jan 6, 2014
  2. TragicSkies
    TragicSkies Guest
    email password reset link

SappKM55 although we do like fellow users to help each other out creating a new thread should be if you have an issue not an answer. Next time it would be appreciated if you just replied to somebody with the issue. We do still appreciate your suggestion
    though. Thanks for giving a heads up.

TragicSkies, Jan 6, 2014
  3. KevinSapp55
    KevinSapp55 Guest

for those of you who have gone through this, hopefully this will help.

when I kept clicking on the link, I would get a "temporary problem, please try again" message.

what I found out is that the link in the email did not take over the entire link, so I had to copy the entire link in the email and paste it to the brower site. this worked for me.

sappkm

KevinSapp55, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest

You would need to get back in touch with phone support.

Most helpers on the forums are merely ambassadors, gamers like you who help with knowledge and wisdom, but have no power to access or bypass anything.

Photonimus, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Photonimus Win User

You would need to get back in touch with phone support.

Most helpers on the forums are merely ambassadors, gamers like you who help with knowledge and wisdom, but have no power to access or bypass anything.
  6. TragicSkies Win User

SappKM55 although we do like fellow users to help each other out creating a new thread should be if you have an issue not an answer. Next time it would be appreciated if you just replied to somebody with the issue. We do still appreciate your suggestion
    though. Thanks for giving a heads up.
  7. xX AnarchyZ Xx Win User

Password Reset Issues

Your Microsoft account password Help:

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to account.live.com/.../reset and enter the email address for your Microsoft account. You will be given different options to have a password reset
    link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to
    https://account.live.com/acsr and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.
  8. ONELONGGAMERTAG Win User

Password Reset Issues

For these issues its best to go to (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us) and talk to a support agent, make sure to click contact us and go through step 1 and 2, and select anything but xbox
    live ambassador as they cannot assist you with account validation. if you would rather call the number is as follows: 1-800-4MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269 ), goodluck!
  9. ngocphi Win User

password reset issue

Click use other options

Which let's you use the lost my account access form and fill out the info accordingly
Thema:

1. Having Issues With Password Reset Links - Similar Threads - Having Issues Password

2. Fortnite is having issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite is having issues: So for a while now Fortnite has been having this issue (about a year) where it would start updating constantly and then it would continually say “Installation Stopped” this has never been an issue...
  3. “Hi, I have an issue with my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Hi, I have an issue with my controller: “Hi, I have an issue with my controller. I purchased in November of 2023. I previously had the same controller (not sure when I purchased it) but it lasted around 2 years before I needed to...
  4. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  5. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  6. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  7. Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?: My app is set to boot up automatically after logging in & for some strange reason, it starts loading like it normally would only to close itself about 30 seconds later. No error message or code,...
  8. Having sound issues with my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having sound issues with my Xbox: I followed the instructions to restart my Xbox when it was having sound issues, and it worked, but only temporarily. When I went to adjust the volume to turn it down, the sound went right back...
  9. Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?: I can't be the only one because I know I am not. Other friends have the same issue. Does Xbox respond? No. Just troubleshoot with every single solution I've tried. Cannot get a live person to hear...
  10. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...