Having Issues With Password Reset Links

Discus and support Having Issues With Password Reset Links in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just got xbox live yesterday. I set it up and everything works fine. I go to play GTA5 online, so it prompts me to login, I attempt to do so. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wizman664, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Wizman664
    Wizman664 Guest

So I just got xbox live yesterday. I set it up and everything works fine. I go to play GTA5 online, so it prompts me to login, I attempt to do so. It brings up the terms and conditions, so I click on it. I forgot my parent password, seeing as how I havent
    have live for several years. So I guess a bunch of times and no dice. So I get on live support forums, and I get assisted by a technician. I fill out the account information to prove that it is my account. So I wait about 30 mins and I get a response email.
    It said that if I follow a link that it would allow me to reset my password. So I click on it but it brings be straight back to the screen prompting me to fill out my information. I think it is a dead link, and I cannot reset my password. I really need assistance,
    can anybody help with my issue

:)

Wizman664, Jan 6, 2014
  2. TragicSkies
    TragicSkies Guest
    email password reset link

SappKM55 although we do like fellow users to help each other out creating a new thread should be if you have an issue not an answer. Next time it would be appreciated if you just replied to somebody with the issue. We do still appreciate your suggestion
    though. Thanks for giving a heads up.

TragicSkies, Jan 6, 2014
  3. KevinSapp55
    KevinSapp55 Guest

for those of you who have gone through this, hopefully this will help.

when I kept clicking on the link, I would get a "temporary problem, please try again" message.

what I found out is that the link in the email did not take over the entire link, so I had to copy the entire link in the email and paste it to the brower site. this worked for me.

sappkm

KevinSapp55, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest

You would need to get back in touch with phone support.

Most helpers on the forums are merely ambassadors, gamers like you who help with knowledge and wisdom, but have no power to access or bypass anything.

Photonimus, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Photonimus Win User

You would need to get back in touch with phone support.

Most helpers on the forums are merely ambassadors, gamers like you who help with knowledge and wisdom, but have no power to access or bypass anything.
  6. TragicSkies Win User

SappKM55 although we do like fellow users to help each other out creating a new thread should be if you have an issue not an answer. Next time it would be appreciated if you just replied to somebody with the issue. We do still appreciate your suggestion
    though. Thanks for giving a heads up.
  7. xX AnarchyZ Xx Win User

Password Reset Issues

Your Microsoft account password Help:

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to account.live.com/.../reset and enter the email address for your Microsoft account. You will be given different options to have a password reset
    link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to
    https://account.live.com/acsr and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.
  8. ONELONGGAMERTAG Win User

Password Reset Issues

For these issues its best to go to (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us) and talk to a support agent, make sure to click contact us and go through step 1 and 2, and select anything but xbox
    live ambassador as they cannot assist you with account validation. if you would rather call the number is as follows: 1-800-4MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269 ), goodluck!
  9. ngocphi Win User

password reset issue

Click use other options

Which let's you use the lost my account access form and fill out the info accordingly
Thema:

1. Having Issues With Password Reset Links - Similar Threads - Having Issues Password

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  4. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone having an xbox network issue??

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having an xbox network issue??: Hello guys Is anyone experiencing a network issue ? The problem started a few days ago by not being able to connect to wifi and cant log in to my account , but restarting the console few times...
  7. Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.

in XboX Insiders
    Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.: May i ask why when I updated minecraft just now on. My xbox it's showing with two things if the same game.? I have the disc to minecraft its in perfect condition I've checked nothing is wrong with...
  8. having trouble with malfunctioning issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with malfunctioning issue.: Im having a weird issue with all my controller having this issue where the audio lags very bad and the controller can start to malfunction and restart itself and the audio will be really choppy...
  9. My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S is having issues with controller sensitivity. I: My right stick drifts up and down in all games. Left stick and d pad are touchy and jump multiple spaces on a single tap. I’ve changed controllers and the issues follow. I looked at forum and see...
  10. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...