Having issues sending messages on Xbox one

Discus and support Having issues sending messages on Xbox one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am having issues sending messages to people on Xbox it comes up and says that I have account issues I went through and did the prompt and still can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Angrysuperbad, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Having issues sending messages on Xbox one

I am having issues sending messages to people on Xbox it comes up and says that I have account issues I went through and did the prompt and still can't send messages can am one help????

:)

Angrysuperbad, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Having issues sending messages?

For over the course of a month or so, I have not been able to send messages on my xbox account. I receive the message, "Check your account" and "Messaging isn't working for your account, go to
    http://support.xbox.com/fix-messaging to get more information and see how you can fix it."

I have tried anything and everything to fix this issue-- When I log into my xbox account on my computer, it tells me that "Due to past behavior, you cannot send messages." However-- when I check the enforcement dashboard to see if there is anything negative
    against my account and it turns out that my account is in perfect standings.

Anyone else having issues with their accounts like this?

ScarletSpydrGrl, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Having issues sending messages?

So I ran into the same issue here recently and I thought you all might apperciate this:

Follow this link Sign in to your Microsoft account - Sign into your account that is having issues then it will take you to a site to verify -Enter your mobile number to verify your account it
    will send a verification code in a text message. The code will expire in about 10 minutes. You will have to update your information from there.

Also found a YouTube video typed in search: "messaging isn't working for your account xbox one"

Video Titled: Unable to send messages on Xbox One *FIX*

Hope this helps anyone else that has this issue! :3

RumblingHeartsz, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Having issues sending messages on Xbox one

There are a couple things to check. First, I'd visit enforcement.xbox.com and make sure there are no Enforcement Actions taken against the account that might prevent messages being sent.

Secondly, I'd recommend following the instructions here: Xbox One online safety and privacy settings to get to your Privacy & Online Saftey Settings. Make sure those are set how you're comfortable and will allow to send messages
    from your account.

Thirdly, a full power cycle of your console might also help, by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts off, wait another 10-15 seconds, then power it back up again.

Check to see if you can send messages via Xbox.com or the Xbox App on Windows 10, iOS, or Android. Might help identify if it's an account issue, or if it's not able to send them from the system.

Let us know if your issue still persists!

PalmettoBling, Jul 10, 2018
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

There are a couple things to check. First, I'd visit enforcement.xbox.com and make sure there are no Enforcement Actions taken against the account that might prevent messages being sent.

Secondly, I'd recommend following the instructions here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety to get to your Privacy & Online Saftey Settings. Make sure those are set how you're comfortable and will allow to send messages
    from your account.

Thirdly, a full power cycle of your console might also help, by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts off, wait another 10-15 seconds, then power it back up again.

Check to see if you can send messages via Xbox.com or the Xbox App on Windows 10, iOS, or Android. Might help identify if it's an account issue, or if it's not able to send them from the system.

Let us know if your issue still persists!
  6. RumblingHeartsz Win User

Having issues sending messages?

So I ran into the same issue here recently and I thought you all might apperciate this:

Follow this link https://account.live.com/reputationcheck - Sign into your account that is having issues then it will take you to a site to verify -Enter your mobile number to verify your account it
    will send a verification code in a text message. The code will expire in about 10 minutes. You will have to update your information from there.

Also found a YouTube video typed in search: "messaging isn't working for your account xbox one"

Video Titled: Unable to send messages on Xbox One *FIX*

Hope this helps anyone else that has this issue! :3
  7. Trognak17 Win User

Having issues sending messages?

That is exactly what is happening to me and I don't know why. I think there's a bug in the messaging section of Xbox right now.
  8. XBF Crystal P Win User

cant message anybody through Xbox, can anybody help?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be having with sending messages on Xbox One or Xbox App.

• Is there a certain error message you receive when you try to send a message?
    I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article:
    Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox One or the Xbox app?

Hope this helps.
  9. XBF Chris J Win User

Problèmes de communication [Edit - Translation] - Communication problems

Thema:

1. Having issues sending messages on Xbox one - Similar Threads - Having issues sending

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  7. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  8. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  9. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  10. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...