Having Dobly Atmos enabled in settings crashes out Netflix

Discus and support Having Dobly Atmos enabled in settings crashes out Netflix in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Any time I try to play content that has Atmos enabled as part of Netflix, the app crashes out to the dashboard. It doesn't have any errors. I hit... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LordGideon, Jan 22, 2020.

  1. Having Dobly Atmos enabled in settings crashes out Netflix


    Any time I try to play content that has Atmos enabled as part of Netflix, the app crashes out to the dashboard. It doesn't have any errors. I hit "Play" and guaranteed, 6-7 seconds later, the app hard crashes out to the dashboard.

    Turning off Atmos in the systems settings solves this issue. I've seen some other threads talking about this - is there anyone else who still has these issues? I have to assume that I'm not the only one.

    submitted by /u/LordGideon
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/LordGideon, Jan 22, 2020
    #1
  2. killer bond 135 Win User

    Xbox One and Dolby Atmos

    Have Xbox 360 Dobly Atmos?
  3. Kirill Krasin Win User

    Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

    Hello,

    I have almost the same issue. I've bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Microsoft Store, connect my headset to controller and set audio output to Dolby Atmos in my Audio Settings page. But sometimes it is roll back to Windows Sonic! I've launch Dolby
    Access app, check that in settings page selected Dolby Atmos For Headphones, close this app and get back to Audio Settings, change Windows Sonic to Dobly Atmos.
  4. Stone9 Win User

    Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console)

    Since you're saying Atmos works on the other apps installed on your Xbox I believe it's Netflix's responsibility to fix their app. I have an Xbox One S with the Dolby Atmos app installed. I've enabled the Dolby Atmos Headphone feature and set it in my Xbox
    Settings. Upon doing this, the Netflix app would never get passed the loading the screen (the N). Eventually it would time out and give me an error message. I tried rebooting, cache clearing, reinstalling, etc. This was with me launching Netflix with my headphones
    already plugged into my wireless controller. So I tried unplugging my headphones before launching the Netflix app... which redirected my audio to my 7.1 receiver (not Atmos, but I don't have home theater Atmos enabled in the Dolby app anyways) and that worked.
    Netflix would open again. I then plug my headphones back into my controller and launched Our Planet to see if the Atmos badge would show up, which it did indicating the Netflix app had successfully detected my Atmos (for headphones). I'm assuming the Netflix
    app upon loading, goes through a detection of your current setup and someone in that process the settings I had caused it to just spin until the timeout occurred.

    Couple questions for you. How are your headphones connected? Via your receiver or via your controller? Also, how is your controller connected? Wireless or wired?
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

    dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset

    Hello,

    Windows sonic is virtual surround so 5.1 if you want 7.1 , you have to purchase codec dobly atmos on the Xbox store or Microsoft store.

    Regards,
  6. Peter Rog Win User

    Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

    ok. Help mee out with something.

    Netflix indeed still does not give "atmos" at my receiver. But i found something weird. If you change your xbox to DTSX or Dolby/DTS and start the netflix app, the icon for atmos is gone. Simply because netflix sees you dont have support for it.

    Then, next step. Enable atmos and go to the netflix serie/movie you like. Listen one minute and change it to the version without atmos, do only 5.1. The audio is, according to my receiver, exactly the same. Dolby Surround with PCM codec. But the audio SUCKS HARD. If i play the same with 5.1 (Atmos) again i can instantly hear more quality/surrond/voice performance.

    i read somewhere its only cosmetic... maybe that is true?
Thema:

Having Dobly Atmos enabled in settings crashes out Netflix

Loading...
  1. Having Dobly Atmos enabled in settings crashes out Netflix - Similar Threads - Having Dobly Atmos

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT

    in XboX Insiders
    Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT: This new xbox achievement site is awesome, it's being built with fan suggestions and shows how many Mythic achievements you have. You can sign up at: https://xct.live/r/JE5EPP submitted by...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  5. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  6. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  7. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  8. Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital: Hello! I have a series x and am an insider wanting to activate disc to digital for my console. it appears to not be showing even when a game disc is installed and I press the menu button. the game...
  9. (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the...

    in XboX Insiders
    (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the...: (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the digital licence it took all my dlc away??? if this is a known issue is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...