Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible

Discus and support Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My previous role at Google was with one of the SRE teams. One of the most crucial actions when there was an incident was to communicate it. This needs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gild1122, Nov 5, 2021.

  1. Gild1122
    Gild1122 Guest

    Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible


    My previous role at Google was with one of the SRE teams.

    One of the most crucial actions when there was an incident was to communicate it. This needs to be done fast (normally a few minutes).

    I kept checking the status page for a long (20 minutes?) time, I then removed my account from the xbox (trying to follow some online instructions) until I realized it must be something else and checked the forums.

    Not updating the status page for so long is amateurish.

    The first thing people do is check it, why do I need to troubleshoot something and waste so much time?

    Not sure if anyone from Microsoft is reading this, if you do I'd put that in the post-mortem...

    :)
     
    Gild1122, Nov 5, 2021
    #1
  2. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

    Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible

  3. Gild1122 Win User

    Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible

    Thanks.

    I saw that the status page was finally updated, this should have been done much faster with such a major outage.
  4. Chris Gelon Win User

    Unable to logg on to Netflix.

  5. Chris Gelon Win User

    Netflix stopped working

  6. CoreyLivermore Win User

    Can't designate home Xbox

    There is a major outage right now that Microsoft is aware of. The status page is not updated, so you won't find updates there.
Thema:

Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible

Loading...
  1. Having an outage is one thing, not updating the status page is unacceptible - Similar Threads - Having outage thing

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT

    in XboX Insiders
    Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT: This new xbox achievement site is awesome, it's being built with fan suggestions and shows how many Mythic achievements you have. You can sign up at: https://xct.live/r/JE5EPP submitted by...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  5. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  6. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  7. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  8. What do I do if I have a service outage message

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I do if I have a service outage message: I have a service outage error on my xbox series x any idea why?? 647f79bf-42cc-450c-a264-aedc0d69713f
  9. Is anyone else having trouble doing anything on their Xbox with the server outage. Because...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else having trouble doing anything on their Xbox with the server outage. Because...: It says my network connection is good but I can’t play anything online or update my games 6d22be80-fc73-4a21-835d-87954bb2bf43
  10. Anyone else having server outage problems

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else having server outage problems: Anyone else having server outage problems in uk/scotland a85a179c-903b-4da9-8eb6-0015dbc0aff0