Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

Discus and support Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, I understand that most of the time when someone has an issue logging into the xbox app, there is an error code, something like "error code 0x409".... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Noah Harmon, Dec 27, 2018.

  1. Noah Harmon
    Noah Harmon Guest

    Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App


    So, I understand that most of the time when someone has an issue logging into the xbox app, there is an error code, something like "error code 0x409". However in my situation, the problem is that i'm not allowed to proceed to the login screen, but I get
    no error code. On the startup, it gives me a pop-up with a "next" button, however when I click it, it just disappears and reappears again. When I close out of the pop-up there is a green window behind it with a sign in button. However, when I click that it
    brings me back to the previous pop-up. I have tried restarting my computer, doing the service and system configuration "msconfig" fixes, even the registry fix. None of them seem to work. I really need some help figuring this out. All help is very much appreciated.
    Link to a GIF of the problem is below.

    https://gyazo.com/9a24e9f5977ffe780f91665b68e8a788

    :)
     
    Noah Harmon, Dec 27, 2018
    #1
  2. Zackary_2 Win User

    Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

    Me too I've looked forever and still haven't found any research about it. The only reason why I installed the Xbox app was to pause my game bar recording...
  3. Noah Harmon Win User

    Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

    Unfortunately it didn't work, I got some red text (was using powershell as command prompt didn't recognize the commands you listed). Powershell accepted the first two commands, then I restarted. After that I input the last one and got this text. Also the
    problem i had with the xbox app didn't get resolved, very sorry for taking so much of your time on this.

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-5d2b-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-5d2b-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-c336-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-c336-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-753e-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-753e-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-a03a-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-a03a-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-fe3b-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-fe3b-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-1e43-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0001-1e43-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.36.52.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-4a55-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-4a55-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

    modifies are currently in use.

    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

    Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_3.1.46.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-3057-cd63bf9cd401 in the Event Log or use

    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 63ccf48d-9cbf-0002-3057-cd63bf9cd401

    At line:1 char:37

    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...

    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

    Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

    Hello Noah,

    Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.

    Uninstalling and Reinstalling a default application on windows 10:

    1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Then click Command Prompt(Admin)
    3. Now type the following command and hit enter:
    4. Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    5. Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    6. Restart your computer
    7. Repeat steps 1-2 when the computer has booted up.
    8. Instead of entering the command in step 3, enter the command in step 9
    9. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  5. Whitey Black Win User

    Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

    try clear the Cookies and Site Data and then try to connect you can find this in you're preference menu in browser
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

    ERRO FORZA HORIZON 4 (ERROR FORZA HORIZON 4)

    Hey there hnxzin!

    Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get Forza working on your PC.

    If you haven't yet, then I would suggest trying the steps outlined in our support article entitled

    Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10
    for this peculiar issue presenting itself on the PC.

    When you get a chance, give the steps there a shot and let us know how that works out.

    Thanks for reading!
Thema:

Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App

Loading...
  1. Having a peculiar issue with the Windows 10 Xbox App - Similar Threads - Having peculiar issue

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT

    in XboX Insiders
    Check Out how many Mythics you have through XCT: This new xbox achievement site is awesome, it's being built with fan suggestions and shows how many Mythic achievements you have. You can sign up at: https://xct.live/r/JE5EPP submitted by...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  5. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  6. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  7. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  8. Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega level Insider having trouble with Disc to Digital: Hello! I have a series x and am an insider wanting to activate disc to digital for my console. it appears to not be showing even when a game disc is installed and I press the menu button. the game...
  9. (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the...

    in XboX Insiders
    (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the...: (disk to digital) i have the deluxe edition of borderlands 3 on disk and when i clamed the digital licence it took all my dlc away??? if this is a known issue is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...