Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days

Discus and support Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About a month ago I got an Xbox One with two controllers. I've found that every few days, my controllers won't connect again until I do a full power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TeeKnox, Jan 7, 2016.

1. TeeKnox
    TeeKnox Guest

About a month ago I got an Xbox One with two controllers. I've found that every few days, my controllers won't connect again until I do a full power cycle of my Xbox One. I'll go to turn on the Xbox with a controller, and the controller flashes until it
    shuts off again. I then fully power off the Xbox by holding the power button, power it back on, and the controller can connect again.

The disconnect has never happened while I'm playing (though I'm not ruling out that it could). I don't believe this has anything to do with interference since it doesn't matter how close the controller is to the Xbox; it will not reconnect until the power
    cycle. Any suggestions?

:)

TeeKnox, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Artfile
    Artfile Guest
    I'm connected to the internet, but no pins etc....

I have also been having this problem and the power cycle only works for a few days every few days I need to power cycle to resolve this issue. on mmy fourth reset

Artfile, Jan 7, 2016
  3. mead310
    mead310 Guest
    Xbox One 1TB Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle Problems

is anyone having issues where the controllers are constantly disconnecting from the xbox one and then won't reconnect? We got this same console and the controllers disconnect every few days and to get them to reconnect we have to unplug the xbox for 20
    seconds then reconnect it. using the connect buttons on the controller/console does nothing for some reason (no issues like this on the regular xbox one we have). very disappointing.

mead310, Jan 7, 2016
  4. Artfile Win User

I'm connected to the internet, but no pins etc....

I have also been having this problem and the power cycle only works for a few days every few days I need to power cycle to resolve this issue. on mmy fourth reset
  5. mead310 Win User

Xbox One 1TB Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle Problems

is anyone having issues where the controllers are constantly disconnecting from the xbox one and then won't reconnect? We got this same console and the controllers disconnect every few days and to get them to reconnect we have to unplug the xbox for 20
    seconds then reconnect it. using the connect buttons on the controller/console does nothing for some reason (no issues like this on the regular xbox one we have). very disappointing.
  6. KSAnnihilation Win User

Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

My problem is similar to brydog23

my controller works fine until it disconnects, be it i disconnected it or it stayed idle for 15 minutes, after that i hold the xbox button and the controller shows its connected, however no buttons work, not even if another controller was connected, the
    Kinect works fine however to reconnect the controller i have to power-cycle the console every-time.
  7. Gixie76 Win User

Adapter/Headset issues persist after April update

I'm not having ant audio issues but I'am having some connection issues as well as having to power cycle & reconnect the controller every time i use my turtle beach headset so that the play & charge kit will charge the battery.

Tried updating loads of times, no change.
  8. ADR Kirito Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Needing a wired power source to startup a controller is quite weird. Try with a regular power cycle

Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:
    Press and hold the Xbox button  for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button  again to turn the controller back on.
    I’ve done this a few times to no avail
Thema:

1. Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days - Similar Threads - power cycle reconnect

2. Xbox series X power cycles my modem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power cycles my modem: First time xbox owner bought a brand new series x today and when I connected it to the internet my modem powers itself off then when it reboots the xbox gets 900mbps for a few minutes drops to...
  3. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. My Xbox series S has factory reset itself for some reason after a power cycle.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series S has factory reset itself for some reason after a power cycle.: So I was recently watching a friend's dogs and brought my Xbox, everything was fine till I return home when my console refuses to connect to my wifi, even though it will connect to my hotspot no...
  6. My Xbox is lagging a lot I have power cycled it tons of times how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is lagging a lot I have power cycled it tons of times how can I fix it: So I was going to play some Roblox and then my Xbox just kept lagging I restarted it and then I struggled to sign me in it just froze later it got to the home screen and then it was frozen as well...
  7. Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?: Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks out there? c4a5b716-a95e-4ab2-b04b-1d03e6554f05
  8. 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...: Any advice how to resolve 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and subscription games 8fe3a364-0154-4d43-a18a-535a5ccf82b0
  9. My series x won't recognize wifi without power cycling

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won't recognize wifi without power cycling: My series x will show no wireless networks when it is turned on normally. I will go to network settings and see no wireless networks despite having 4 normally in the area (apartments). The only...
  10. Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in: My Xbox One Original power brick issue Hi guys, When I plug in my power brick it changes lights 3 to 4 times from orange to white then again orange then white does it 3 to 4 times and Xbox turn...