Have to hard reset to receive notifications

Discus and support Have to hard reset to receive notifications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the last 2 days I have not been receiving any notifications. Before you ask, yes all my notifications are turned on. The only way to get my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vikingaherr, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Vikingaherr
    Vikingaherr Guest

Over the last 2 days I have not been receiving any notifications. Before you ask, yes all my notifications are turned on. The only way to get my notifications to show up is to pull the plug out of the back of my Xbox One. Then it works for a while then completely
    stops again. I can receive party invites, game invites, or message notifications.

:)

Vikingaherr, Oct 24, 2017
  2. posion man
    posion man Guest
    notifications

I receive no notifications no messages no party invites no friends online notifications. all my notifications are unabled and i am in the preview program. but if I hard reset my console than my notifications work again but if I turn my xbox off and on I
    have to hard reset again so pls help

posion man, Oct 24, 2017
  3. xbox one game achievements not popping up on screen

I have same problem, I don't receive any notification (achievements, messages, friends invites, friends online, etc.)

All notification turned on, hard reset, clear cache, factory defaults didn't work

MikeAustin815, Oct 24, 2017
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

There are some known issues with notifications atm.

If you're on the public build of the dashboard, there is an issue where you don't get a notification if someone joins your party - this has been fixed in an update pushed out to preview program members already, and will no doubt roll out to everyone else
    pretty soon (before the Xbox One X is released would be my guess).

They're also currently investigating issues with message notifications.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 24, 2017
  5. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    As a possible quick fix (worked for me) try removing your account from the console completely. Then, hard reset the console by holding the power button in for 10 seconds then reboot. Once you've done that, add your account back to the console and get to
    gaming! I had a similar problem after leaving the Inside program and this did the trick. Good luck!

MattyMidway, Nov 1, 2018
  6. MattyMidway Win User

As a possible quick fix (worked for me) try removing your account from the console completely. Then, hard reset the console by holding the power button in for 10 seconds then reboot. Once you've done that, add your account back to the console and get to
    gaming! I had a similar problem after leaving the Inside program and this did the trick. Good luck!
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

There are some known issues with notifications atm.

If you're on the public build of the dashboard, there is an issue where you don't get a notification if someone joins your party - this has been fixed in an update pushed out to preview program members already, and will no doubt roll out to everyone else
    pretty soon (before the Xbox One X is released would be my guess).

They're also currently investigating issues with message notifications.
  8. MikeAustin815 Win User

xbox one game achievements not popping up on screen

I have same problem, I don't receive any notification (achievements, messages, friends invites, friends online, etc.)

All notification turned on, hard reset, clear cache, factory defaults didn't work
  9. l STATIC l Win User

Notifications not working, please help (game invites, party invites, achievements)

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. - I can send and receive messages, but I do not get notifications, party or game invites. I've tried the steps you outline above removal/hard reset/download to no avail. I am not a preview customer to my knowledge. I had notifications
    yesterday 6/21/16 but not today. What u got?
  10. IOANNIS MAGKAFAS Win User

Achievements not notifying

Hi Tcorniels,

After doing what DENAz666 said,please initiate a hard reset!

How to initiate a hard reset:support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

If the problem persists,let us know whether or not you can receive other notifications.
Thema:

1. Have to hard reset to receive notifications - Similar Threads - hard reset receive

2. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  3. Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode: I have switched hdmi cords, everything. Console still won't get recognized by the TV. Troubleshoot on the TV(Samsung Smart TV) and says it's an issue with the hdmi cords, but I've even used the...
  4. Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...: I tryed everything to fix my usb ports but nothing worked I cleaned them I checked them every thing but nothing 04cb3d6b-b2fd-4350-8adf-dfbad7c06c6a
  5. My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working: Green screen of death on Xbox one 9a566f76-64fe-4f84-bffc-ca4e9b615cc2
  6. So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I logged into my xbox today and everything had hard reset Is there any way I can fix it?: I turned it off yesterday after playing rocket league using the controller but when I turned it on today all my accounts and games everything had disappeared and i dont know how do I fix it I mean...
  7. Reset Xbox with hard drive plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Xbox with hard drive plugged in: Hi I’ve reset my Xbox with my hard drive plugged in will I loose all my saved files on my Xbox ? 94715743-5f7c-43d4-b1e8-1d0783fbb678
  8. if i hard reset will i get all my gems i bought back or are they gone for good

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i hard reset will i get all my gems i bought back or are they gone for good: i bought a bunch of gemms but put them into the wrong artifact by mistake if i hard reset will all my previous puchases be restored or do i lose them for good the game im playing is dps idle...
  9. Xbox was fine last night now it’s white screen I’ve factory reset hard reset everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox was fine last night now it’s white screen I’ve factory reset hard reset everything...: My Xbox was fine yesterday went to sign in white screen I’ve reset removed account factory reset reset and keep game apps they won’t even call me I hate Xbox 733e7feb-e68c-4075-a77b-df03c1bd8e69
  10. External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps): Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive. I was having...