Have to hard reset to receive notifications

Discus and support Have to hard reset to receive notifications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the last 2 days I have not been receiving any notifications. Before you ask, yes all my notifications are turned on. The only way to get my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vikingaherr, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Vikingaherr
    Vikingaherr Guest

Over the last 2 days I have not been receiving any notifications. Before you ask, yes all my notifications are turned on. The only way to get my notifications to show up is to pull the plug out of the back of my Xbox One. Then it works for a while then completely
    stops again. I can receive party invites, game invites, or message notifications.

:)

Vikingaherr, Oct 24, 2017
  2. posion man
    posion man Guest
    notifications

I receive no notifications no messages no party invites no friends online notifications. all my notifications are unabled and i am in the preview program. but if I hard reset my console than my notifications work again but if I turn my xbox off and on I
    have to hard reset again so pls help

posion man, Oct 24, 2017
  3. xbox one game achievements not popping up on screen

I have same problem, I don't receive any notification (achievements, messages, friends invites, friends online, etc.)

All notification turned on, hard reset, clear cache, factory defaults didn't work

MikeAustin815, Oct 24, 2017
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

There are some known issues with notifications atm.

If you're on the public build of the dashboard, there is an issue where you don't get a notification if someone joins your party - this has been fixed in an update pushed out to preview program members already, and will no doubt roll out to everyone else
    pretty soon (before the Xbox One X is released would be my guess).

They're also currently investigating issues with message notifications.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 24, 2017
  5. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    As a possible quick fix (worked for me) try removing your account from the console completely. Then, hard reset the console by holding the power button in for 10 seconds then reboot. Once you've done that, add your account back to the console and get to
    gaming! I had a similar problem after leaving the Inside program and this did the trick. Good luck!

MattyMidway, Nov 1, 2018
  6. MattyMidway Win User

As a possible quick fix (worked for me) try removing your account from the console completely. Then, hard reset the console by holding the power button in for 10 seconds then reboot. Once you've done that, add your account back to the console and get to
    gaming! I had a similar problem after leaving the Inside program and this did the trick. Good luck!
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

There are some known issues with notifications atm.

If you're on the public build of the dashboard, there is an issue where you don't get a notification if someone joins your party - this has been fixed in an update pushed out to preview program members already, and will no doubt roll out to everyone else
    pretty soon (before the Xbox One X is released would be my guess).

They're also currently investigating issues with message notifications.
  8. MikeAustin815 Win User

xbox one game achievements not popping up on screen

I have same problem, I don't receive any notification (achievements, messages, friends invites, friends online, etc.)

All notification turned on, hard reset, clear cache, factory defaults didn't work
  9. l STATIC l Win User

Notifications not working, please help (game invites, party invites, achievements)

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. - I can send and receive messages, but I do not get notifications, party or game invites. I've tried the steps you outline above removal/hard reset/download to no avail. I am not a preview customer to my knowledge. I had notifications
    yesterday 6/21/16 but not today. What u got?
  10. IOANNIS MAGKAFAS Win User

Achievements not notifying

Hi Tcorniels,

After doing what DENAz666 said,please initiate a hard reset!

How to initiate a hard reset:support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

If the problem persists,let us know whether or not you can receive other notifications.
Thema:

1. Have to hard reset to receive notifications - Similar Threads - hard reset receive

2. I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a big question. My external hard drive almost like reset, all my games are gone and...: I’ve never had any problems with my external hard drive until today. I was playing games having fun then when I was trying to play a game with other people my game wouldn’t launch but other games...
  3. So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]...: Btw, once it goes through the boot up sequence it's fine. I can play my xbox as normal. I'm wondering if this is a bad thing or a one off thing! Thanks! 1730c92c-616e-4e15-b6f6-2d548558e894
  4. I can't launch my games I own them the store tells me that I've hard reset and still nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't launch my games I own them the store tells me that I've hard reset and still nothing: My xbox wont launch my games I am signed into the account that bought them and store tells me I own them but they wont launch 75bc6ebd-876c-432f-9c85-a748165d69ad
  5. How do I fix the minecraft A button issue I've done a hard reset and factory reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix the minecraft A button issue I've done a hard reset and factory reset...: I've done a hard reset and factory reset uninstaled and used a different controller. What do I do pls help 79db9e5c-5b35-4361-9d03-63ba47837ef0
  6. have to hard reset series s xbox every time i open minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have to hard reset series s xbox every time i open minecraft.: I have an xbox series S and everything on there works fine except for minecraft. i have to hard reset my console by restarting, unplugging, and then waiting 15 mins to be able to play it. if i...
  7. I have hard reset my router and my xbox still having problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have hard reset my router and my xbox still having problems: [img] I kwas working all good but now I dont no whats going on I factory reset my xbox and hard reset my router but still the same plz help [img] c3dd5428-4f0f-40af-8edb-eb820be0c757
  8. My Xbox installation (Minecraft) is stuck at 100%, have already tried hard reset and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox installation (Minecraft) is stuck at 100%, have already tried hard reset and...: Already tried reset and reinstallation… 164085b9-9674-4af0-a8a5-f0faef9172ac
  9. My ONE X keeps disconnecting from my wifi and won't reconnect until I hard reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ONE X keeps disconnecting from my wifi and won't reconnect until I hard reset: Whenever I start up my Xbox, the wifi is disconnected and it says "Can't connect to your wireless network", with at least 80% chance of occurrence. This has been going on since two system updates...
  10. Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail: I believe I have the Original Xbox One and have been facing the black screen of death for a very long time. Each time, I have simply done a soft reset, then it stopped working (sent me back to the...