Have to flush DNS every time I want to access any online game

Discus and support Have to flush DNS every time I want to access any online game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Starting Monday, 22nd August 2022 I'm constantly getting this problem: that I cannot access any online game. I can access internet just fine, but any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by chaos_aurelius, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Have to flush DNS every time I want to access any online game

Starting Monday, 22nd August 2022 I'm constantly getting this problem: that I cannot access any online game.

I can access internet just fine, but any online game, I would fail to reach their servers.

For example, I can access this website, or twitter, or yahoo, or anything, but upon opening Genshin Impact launcher I'm getting a "Failed to check for updates" error that persists all the time. I had tried with other games too, and all of them resulted in an error (gameguard one says it got an error). This includes games launched via steam that requires login (I can open steam web and app, but cannot reach game server when launching via steam)

What I already tried:

changing ipv4 DNS from ISP to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1) and Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) and adguard (94.140.14.14 & 94.140.15.15). ipv6 is not used

doing a system restore to 10th August 2022

contacting ISP if there's something wrong with their service (answered with no connection error)

checking out router's DNS settings (it's not using any)

reset router

using DISM.exe /Online / Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

using sfc /scannow

using ipconfig/ release and ipconfig/renew

using netsh winsock reset

The thing is, it'd fix itself for some time when I use ipconfig/flushdns. yes, for some time only, after a while it'd go back to the errors

The problem also does not show for a few minutes after booting the computer

Have to flush DNS every time I want to access any online game [​IMG]

:)

chaos_aurelius, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, if you are using Windows Defender it by default should allow, however you can check the allowed Apps and add some that is missing going in Settings» Security and Updat; on the left side, Windows Security's Firewall and Network Protection»Allow an application through the Firewall.

Note: It's important that if Windows is 10 or 11, it's up to date with optional updates and the Companion and Xbox App installed.
  3. chaos_aurelius Win User

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I tried the CMD commands netstat -ab and -aon

It resulted with a bunch of Listening, Time Wait, or Established. None of which sounds like closed or similar to that

I tried googling around for more info and found out that I can use TCPView program to check my processes on live

Tried opening some of my games and check the program to see that when I open my games, TCPView does show new processes with new ports

I'm not sure if this helps, but I found out that at times I can open my games fine, and when they do, they open a bunch of ports together

(left to right: Process Name, Process ID, Protocol, State, Local Address, Local Port, Remote Address, Remote Port, Create Time, Module Name, Sent Packets)
    [​IMG]

but when they fail to connect, they seem to only open very few ports

1st fail

[​IMG]

2nd fail

[​IMG]

does this help narrowing down what's wrong with my computer?
  4. chaos_aurelius Win User

Hello,

I already made sure that the apps or programs can go trough my firewall (both private and public)

Also updated both companion and xbox apps

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem

Any other ideas?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, for the images you sent there is nothing wrong with the ports it opens to connect, make sure that your system is win 10 or 11 does not have pending updates, including the optional ones, and if the problem persists, the ideal may even be to do a reinstall of the system.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello chaos_aurelius, despite the procedures you did on your PC, which are all correct, you happen to have some kind of antivirus or antispyware that does real monitoring on your PC, I ask this because to access sites like twitter, or yahoo etc this is done by port 80 TCP, when accessing games and certain types of application are used different ports, and it looks like there's some blockage to this access.
Thema:

1. Have to flush DNS every time I want to access any online game - Similar Threads - flush DNS every

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  5. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  6. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  7. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  8. how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?: I've reset console and tried the well published DNS fix for installing games from a disc. I'm going to see if I can transfer from Xbox One, but would still have the problems for new games....
  9. Xbox Series x HDMI not flush

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series x HDMI not flush: Anyone else have an Xbox Series x and the HDMi cable coming out a little and not fully flush to the console.... not had any issues playing games but thought it would need to go fully in as seems a...
  10. The Crew-Drifting, Cruising, JDM, Hella flush

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Crew-Drifting, Cruising, JDM, Hella flush: Hey. My Xbox live name is .I love drifting, JDM, and stance and I am looking for a couple of people to cruise and drift with. I am down to race and to l do missions too. Nobody talks on Xbox live...