Have a parent account over my account and can't accept terms

Discus and support Have a parent account over my account and can't accept terms in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i turned on my xbox 360 and was asked to accept terms and all, i tryed accepting them and it asked for my moms login. we tryed her login and it said... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedHawk31, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RedHawk31
    RedHawk31 Guest

So i turned on my xbox 360 and was asked to accept terms and all, i tryed accepting them and it asked for my moms login. we tryed her login and it said that it was invalid. my mom then got a text about an app password or something and i put that in like
    it said how ever it still is not working and is saying invalid.

:)

RedHawk31, Jan 3, 2014
  2. leehere
    leehere Guest
    How do I found out the name of my parent account?

I have the same problem. I can't change my "child" account because I have to accept the new Terms but I can't accept them because it asks me for a parent account which I don't know. Where can I see which account is set as my "parent" account? This is so
    stupid, I am an adult and have a child account - this is ridiculous...

leehere, Jan 3, 2014
  3. BatKid0202
    BatKid0202 Guest
    How do I find the parent account associated with my parent account?

I have to agree to the new terms of use, so I did. Since I have a child account I had to have my parent account sign in and accept it as well. The problem was is that it said that the account I used as my parent account was not the parent associated with
    my child account. I need to know how to find the parent account so I can accept the new terms of use.

BatKid0202, Jan 3, 2014
  4. leehere Win User

How do I found out the name of my parent account?

I have the same problem. I can't change my "child" account because I have to accept the new Terms but I can't accept them because it asks me for a parent account which I don't know. Where can I see which account is set as my "parent" account? This is so
    stupid, I am an adult and have a child account - this is ridiculous...
  5. Arkkimonni Win User

Can't change account into adult because parental + new user agreement

I already used google to find out how to change my account to adult. Problem is, when i try to follow the "how to..", i need to accept terms of use before i can modify my settings. But in order to accept terms of use, i need my parents e-mail they don't
    even use anymore

So no password reset can't work.

My parents can't fill any recovery because they don't even remember what hotmail was. The way my account is blocked, ise because of the terms of use and need of parental approval (email + password login) to accept new terms of use to get my account as adult.

See? Endless wheel
  6. AndreJoshua Win User

Account asking for parent password

Can't xbox just get rid of the terms and conditions parents have to accept? Since the parents can already restrict the child account and the parents must of agreed with the terms and conditions by allowing their child to use xbox live and buying it for them.
    It would be so much better if they allowed the owner of the account (child account) to accept the conditions, after all it's their account.

This is so messed up, i'm gonna get a ps4 instead of xbox one
  7. byronh10 Win User

Cant accept new Terms and Conditions

I am 19 and I cant use my gamertag because it's asking me to accept terms of use... But I can't do that as the email address connected to my dad's parent account is no longer in use and it won't accept any passwords. Both my dad and I have tried singing
    in on Xbox website but we can't access our account settings it just tells us to log in and accept terms of use... Then log back in and accept... It goes round in circles.
  8. Fatherfarva Win User

Accepting Terms and Conditions - Parent account

If you sign in to xbox.com you can accept the terms on there as a child account. I'm part of a family pack even though I'm 22 and I have to log onto xbox.com to be able to accept those terms without one of my friend's accounts which is the parent. As far
    as promoting the account to an adult account, you will have to have that parent account to do it.
Thema:

1. Have a parent account over my account and can't accept terms - Similar Threads - parent account account

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  9. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....
  10. XBox Parent Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Parent Account: My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional information from that profile and transfer...