: Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility

Discus and support : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility Hello all - I bought a Hauppauge digital TV tuner for my Xbox One X and am just now trying to set it up.... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Joacchim, May 26, 2020.

1. Joacchim
    Joacchim Guest

Hello all - I bought a Hauppauge digital TV tuner for my Xbox One X and am just now trying to set it up. Unfortunately, it powers up (blue & green LEDs come on) for about 10 seconds, my Xbox sees it and I begin the setup process, but then it goes off (lights
    out) without completing setup. This behavior repeats every time I plug in the supplied USB cable.

I called Hauppauge tech support and they said this has been a known issue with Xbox for years. He suggested trying the tuner on my PC - it worked there. He also said try unplugging any other USB devices from my Xbox (I had a solid state drive plugged in)
    and try the tuner again, but that didn't work - same behavior.

His last suggestion and the only one he says has been proven to work, was to swap out the tuner stick for another one. Before I try that, (and it seems like a dubious solution at best), does anyone have any other suggestions? At this point it does seem
    to be an Xbox problem since the tuner stick works with my PC.

Thanks in advance!

PS I'm posting this in the DirectTV subcategory because I'm hoping it will get the most views there. There is no Hauppauge subcategory under the "TV Hardware" category, which seems the right place to post this.

:)

Joacchim, May 26, 2020
  2. MoeJennings Win User

Stuttering video using Hauppauge TV tuner on XBOX Once

It worked fine before the NXOE AND it works perfectly fine on my PC.

The Hauppauge tuner is compatible with the PC. If you plug it into your PC there is no stuttering.

Since it worked perfectly before the NXOE and perfectly on the PC, it is NOT the Hauppauge tuner.

They changed something with the NXOE. That is all. The tuner is NOT a POS.
  3. paganetor76 Win User

Hi! Is it this version of the tuner? https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_xboxtv.html

is it updated with the last firmware (you can check from your PC)?

Have you tried with another cable or another usb port of your console?

Hope it helps! :)
  4. Frathos Win User

Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?

I can't answer the UK Freeview bit, here is what I know about the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox:

• It can be used to view compatible OTA TV stations,
    • The OneGuide app can be used to view the Digital TV Tuner stations,
    • IIRC there is a pause live TV function however it may be restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes,
    • Microsoft was working on an update to enable longer PVR functionality but that was put on hold some months ago, I don't know if they plan to restart that.

That last point disappointed me when it was announced as I specifically bought the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox when I read that they were working on the PVR feature.

The pause live TV function is nice though if you just need a short bathroom break.
  5. Miguel Molina O Win User

Does xbox one guide support core innovation digital converter box

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., I hope to help you today!

The Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One is the only TV tuner compatible with Xbox One.

I hope that answers your question!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  6. PSZPaul100 Win User

TV turner to all Xbox One owners

Thema:

1. : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility - Similar Threads - Hauppauge tuner compatibility

2. Is Xbox one tuner support Hbbtv, HDR and DVB-T2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox one tuner support Hbbtv, HDR and DVB-T2?: I want to know is my Xbox one tuner supports Hbbtv, HDR and DVB-T2? Xbox one model : Xbox one x 08649896-2fc5-4579-b161-e9500daf20cf
  3. I have set up my Xbox TV tuner on my Xbox One S, is there an app that will let me actually...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have set up my Xbox TV tuner on my Xbox One S, is there an app that will let me actually...: I have set up my Xbox TV tuner on my Xbox One S, I know that the software stopped updating but didn't expect it to be purged completely, especially since they are still for sale new......
  4. Add the OneGuide TV tuner back to Xbox series s and x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add the OneGuide TV tuner back to Xbox series s and x: I upgraded my Xbox one today only to discover the oneguide is no longer available to work with my Xbox tv tuner, I am extremely disappointed that this feature has been removed and it looks like...
  5. USB TV tuner isn’t detected on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB TV tuner isn’t detected on Xbox one: When I try to set it up with one guide it just keeps asking me to plug it in and I’ve tried everything I could find online already. bbfcafe1-6698-4ebc-b3fd-9e685fe28e34
  6. Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X.: One of the things I loved about my Xbox oneX was that it was my media console for everything. I know they did away with the TV guide, but the USB tv tuner still worked and the dvr also. Why would...
  7. set up usb tv tuner for xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    set up usb tv tuner for xbox one: I can't setup my usb tv tuner for xbox one no more submitted by /u/chintups2 [link] [comments]
  8. 3d blu-ray, USB tuner support on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    3d blu-ray, USB tuner support on series X: Please enable 3D disc playback on the series X. Similarly the USB TV tuner would be nice to still be able to use. Currently having to keep a One console plugged in as well just for these features....
  9. Tv Tuner channel changing with voice

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tv Tuner channel changing with voice: Hi I have scoured the Internet for days and have had no luck so any help will seriously be appreciated. My problem is that I have a tv tuner on my Xbox One and all works fine except i can't for...
  10. Hauppauge Tuner for XBox One X stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hauppauge Tuner for XBox One X stopped working: My hauppauge has just stopped working yesterday, but has worked like a champ up until then. So far I've tried all of the standard debugs: Cleared OneGuide, TV settings Powered down/unplugged...