Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner: unable to view one channel; black screen

Discus and support Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner: unable to view one channel; black screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Let me preface by saying that I just purchased this tuner, and I'm loving it. I've exclusively used nothing but OTA TV and Netflix for about 3 years... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by For the Cubbies, May 29, 2015.

  1. Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner: unable to view one channel; black screen


    Let me preface by saying that I just purchased this tuner, and I'm loving it. I've exclusively used nothing but OTA TV and Netflix for about 3 years now, and I have a long-range outdoor antenna set-up. Being able to view OTA TV through the Xbox directly,
    with the OneGuide, is simply awesome.

    Now, my small issue. The tuner was able to receive every channel that I normally get with the tuner built-in to my TV, however, there is one channel in particular (ABC) that's only a black screen when I try to view it. All of the information for this channel
    is in OneGuide (station name, program title, start and end time, description, etc.), and I'm not getting the "Can't Find Signal" message that you would normally get in the case of a weak signal. It's simply just not showing anything. I checked another TV in
    the house - on the same OTA coax line - and the channel in question is coming in fine; seemingly strong signal. What's even more strange is that the Xbox tuner even picked up a few obscure channels that I've known to have very weak signals, and I'm able to
    watch those.

    Just a shot in the dark here... anyone experience something similar and/or have any suggestions? Could it be something like the signal from this broadcast tower isn't playing nice with this tuner? Not sure how that works, but if that was the case, how would
    OneGuide be able to load all of the channel information? Sorry for the lengthy post. Thank you for any replies.

    :)
     
    For the Cubbies, May 29, 2015
    #1
  2. eryoung
    eryoung Guest
    Hauppauge Xbox One Digital Tuner is terrific!

    OK Sold!! My Homeworx 150 died, Gonna pick up the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner. I'm just 20 miles south of Boston. I get about 40 channels with the built in tuner on my LED TV. I would love the guide of the Xbox One back again.
     
    eryoung, May 29, 2015
    #2
  3. Live TV, Channels have matching numbers and Xbox One cannot distinguish between them.

    Hey All

    I just bought the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for the Xbox One am running into an issue where I'm receiving two channels that have matching numbers (ex. CBS [13.1], and Fox [13.1]). If I want to select the CBS channel, Xbox One defaults to the second channel
    (Fox). It seems no matter what I do it will not select the CBS Channel.

    I don't know if this issue is specific to the Digital TV Tuner or not, however I would like any advice on how to fix this. Is there a way to renumber/rename the channels or something? Please help! Thanks!
     
    CulpritKiller03, May 29, 2015
    #3
  4. eryoung Win User

    Hauppauge Xbox One Digital Tuner is terrific!

    OK Sold!! My Homeworx 150 died, Gonna pick up the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner. I'm just 20 miles south of Boston. I get about 40 channels with the built in tuner on my LED TV. I would love the guide of the Xbox One back again.
  5. Frathos Win User

    Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?

    I can't answer the UK Freeview bit, here is what I know about the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox:

    • It can be used to view compatible OTA TV stations,
    • The OneGuide app can be used to view the Digital TV Tuner stations,
    • IIRC there is a pause live TV function however it may be restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes,
    • Microsoft was working on an update to enable longer PVR functionality but that was put on hold some months ago, I don't know if they plan to restart that.

    That last point disappointed me when it was announced as I specifically bought the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox when I read that they were working on the PVR feature.

    The pause live TV function is nice though if you just need a short bathroom break.
  6. SlackLove Win User

    Getting ‘We’ve lost your tv lineup.’ Message. When I go through the setup process, it takes me right back to the ‘We've lost your tv lineup.’ Screen again. Fix this! I just want to watch tv!

    Same issue here in Eastern USA. Woke up this morning to watch tv - nada. rescanned channels - nada. 10 second power hold button - nada. got home from work - nada.

    I'm also using the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner.
  7. PSZPaul100 Win User

    TV turner to all Xbox One owners

  8. -- Rick -- Win User

    Digital TV Tuner DVB-T not supported?

    Hi PCF,

    the tuner supports HD digital terrestrial and cable TV standards: DVB-T2, DVB-T and DVB-C - but only free-to-air channels.

    Do you have a viewing card/smart card for your channels via Sat or Cable? The TV Tuner will not work if the channels are encrypted and require a smartcard to decrypt.
Thema:

Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner: unable to view one channel; black screen

Loading...
  1. Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner: unable to view one channel; black screen - Similar Threads - Hauppauge Digital Tuner

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....