Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

Discus and support Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you. The audio delay is introduced somewhere between... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oviforconnsmythe, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you.

The audio delay is introduced somewhere between the XSX, TV and receiver. It appears to be tied to arc/eArc. I don't have earc on my tv yet (but is available through a fw update*) so I'm using arc with the Xsx plugged into the tv (Sony x900h) and hdmi running between the arc ports on the tv and receiver (Yamaha rx-v585). On the Xbox, whenever it's set to bitstream Atmos, there is a massive audio delay. If I choose a different bitstreaming option or 5.1 uncompressed, there is no noticeable delay.

From what I've read, this issue occurs for a lot of people independent of their tv/receiver. So it suggests its an Xbox issue.

Any tips or insight on this? Has Microsoft confirmed to have a fix in the works?

Thanks

*I'm hesitant to update my tv to get eArc as the update introduces a number of other significant bugs I'd rather not deal with. The fact that blurays work (with lossless atmos) without delay suggests its not a bandwidth issue so I don't see why arc wouldn't work...

submitted by /u/oviforconnsmythe
    [link] [comments]

/u/oviforconnsmythe, Jan 2, 2021
  2. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

I have same problem everything shows as dolby atmos. I just get on with it . I dont have audio delay though 🤔

There are issues with dolby atmos that has been on going for a while though. Still no fix 🤔👍
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

Hello Anchel Labena,

I appreciate for looking at this post and hope that all is well other than this account issue.

An eARC audio extractor is a device that can extract the full HDMI audio from any HDMI source signal and pass-through 4K or HDR video to a compatible display/TV while outputting HDMI Audio to an AV Receiver with HDMI input1. It can be useful in situations where the TV is not able to extract the audio and send it over to the soundbar without processing, as you mentioned.

Regarding Dolby Atmos implementation, it is a surround sound technology developed by Dolby Laboratories that expands on existing surround sound systems by adding height channels, allowing sounds to be interpreted as three-dimensional objects. It has been adapted to a home theater format and is the audio component of Dolby Cinema. However, the implementation of Dolby Atmos can vary depending on the device and its capabilities. For example, on Windows 10, Dolby Atmos is enabled by leveraging Microsoft’s Spatial Audio APIs.

It’s possible that the audio delay issue you’re experiencing could be related to the specific implementation of Dolby Atmos on your devices. It might be helpful to check for any updates or settings that could improve the situation.

I hope this information helps!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. killkuter Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

After a lot of test, to solve it i plug xbox on my lg cx with option sync AV arc bypass and activate earc with my denon 1600h.

If earc is off there is a big audio delay but my denon receive an atmos emulated (pcm) for all game, If earc on no delay atmos OK on halo, forza etc... But no atmos on ubisoft game same as farcry 6.

Ubisoft game not really atmos but a dolby 7.1 sound ?

My conclusion If xbox use dolby atmos emulation or no earc there is a delay, if earc activate no delay but only atmos with game compatible
  6. Sptz Win User

Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

I'd like to add. After thorough testing. It is also introducing a delay, even on ATMOS games, like A Plague's Tale Requiem as described in that gigantic thread here that Microsoft keeps ignoring.

I understand your role in the type of reply you made but the honest truth is that Microsoft HAS to be aware of this as it's been reported endlessly since 2020 and nothing has been done to fix it or even acknowledge it. People invest in expensive equipment to experience features that should work otherwise why even have them?

At this point, Dolby Atmos Home Theatre is broken. Audio delay, missing center channel (on non atmos-games / dashboard) etc. Only 5.1 and 7.1 Uncompressed work well and you can instantly tell how responsive it is when moving around the dashboard, zero lag introduced.

It's unacceptable for Microsoft to just ignore this, what's the point on playing ATMOS games if there's a delay? What's the point in advertising ATMOS if it doesn't work properly. This delay / issue does NOT happen on PC btw, so there's something, most likely, in XBOX's software that is hindering this.
Thema:

Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

1. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?... - Similar Threads - Has been update

2. Has my subscription been updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has my subscription been updated?: I just paid 99.99 for the yearly subscription and i need to know if it has been updated and if not I would like my money back ec21211b-c67c-4fe9-8556-168b670aa81b
  3. RecRoom update approval request, has been 7 days since it should’ve been out

in XboX Insiders
    RecRoom update approval request, has been 7 days since it should’ve been out: I am contacting you guys because the game rec room hasn’t gotten an update because you guys didn’t approve it yet and I want you guys to check if you guys can or not submitted by...
  4. MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?: Just noticed today that all flights after 12/25/23 are not showing on "My Logbook"........? a0bd7476-968c-4983-8f2b-836c80ca4934
  5. Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...: Online gaming has been listed as beta for a significant amount of time. It is understandable if something is in beta that there will be issues and long queues. With it being listed as a feature...
  6. Thanks for the $350 paper weight that has been broken by your mandatory os updates!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thanks for the $350 paper weight that has been broken by your mandatory os updates!: My console worked just fine up until July this year. Then on August 16th a new os update was forced which made my console a $350 paper weight because of countless os updates released since then. I...
  7. My Xbox series x has been sounding louder on series x/s enhanced games after the new update

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series x has been sounding louder on series x/s enhanced games after the new update: My Xbox recently was deep cleaned and new thermal paste was added yet the fan still runs audibly loud only on games like the crew motorfest,Madden 23,and call of duty mw2 2022 submitted by...
  8. Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it: I changed the email for my Microsoft account quite a long time ago. So all my Microsoft services are now associated with my new e-mail. Except for XBox. For some reason, it created a new user...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved new update has released on xbox. However, I havent been able to update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved new update has released on xbox. However, I havent been able to update...: Just Trying to Update so my base doesnt get wiped while im offline 22ddb5c5-fadf-45e8-a504-d7cb7fbf2119
  10. Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...: Howdy folks. This issue started quite recently and every option I tried has not worked such as power cycling the console, factory resetting, deleting alternate Mac address and changing the DNS...