Has the Stereo Headset Adapter been discontinued?

Discus and support Has the Stereo Headset Adapter been discontinued? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't seem to find one anywhere that isn't a ridiculous price. None of the major retailers in the UK that I've some across have them in stock.... I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiL Rev UK, Jan 3, 2016.

1. LiL Rev UK
    LiL Rev UK Guest

I can't seem to find one anywhere that isn't a ridiculous price. None of the major retailers in the UK that I've some across have them in stock....

I have a Turtle Beach BO2 Kilo (with 360 2.5mm jack) headset I want to use for BO3, but refuse to pay over the odds for an adapter. Tried to get clarification whether they will work with the new controller and a female 2.5-male 3.5mm lead, but can't seem to
    find anything solid confirming that.

I know my headset isn't the latest and greatest, but they are perfectly functional and would like to use it if possible (without it costing me the price of a new, lesser quality headset).

I can imagine there have been a fair few posts regarding this subject, but if anyone could shed any light on a magic source to get an adapter from at a reasonable price, or advise whether my headset is compatible with the new controller it would be greatly
    appreciated.

Thanks,

Lil Rev

:)

LiL Rev UK, Jan 3, 2016
  2. DangerousBard, Jan 3, 2016
  3. qudeenz360
    qudeenz360 Guest
    qudeenz360, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Has the Stereo Headset Adapter been discontinued?

Yes. as new controllers include the 3.5mm port. no need to make an adapter no one needs anymore

The Viral Cyrix, Jan 3, 2016
  5. LiL Rev UK
    LiL Rev UK Guest
    New controller it is then. Thanks for the reply....

LiL Rev UK, Jan 3, 2016
  6. l am Chaz
    l am Chaz Guest
    I'd recommend saving up for an elite controller, and an adaptor 2.5mm to 3.5mm should work Has the Stereo Headset Adapter been discontinued? :) there is 2 types though, ctia and omtp.

l am Chaz, Oct 31, 2018
  7. l am Chaz Win User

I'd recommend saving up for an elite controller, and an adaptor 2.5mm to 3.5mm should work :) there is 2 types though, ctia and omtp.
  8. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Yes. as new controllers include the 3.5mm port. no need to make an adapter no one needs anymore
  9. LiL Rev UK Win User

New controller it is then. Thanks for the reply....
  10. Geth Win User

Kinect debacle

Sadly the kinect has been discontinued.

Hardware isn't backwards compatible as well. Unless it's a headset with an adapter.

Sorry about the situation.
  11. sightIiIpicture Win User

Stereo Headset and Adapter Issues

"As of the April 2014 Xbox One System Update, the firmware update for the controller and stereo headset adapter has been updated and includes significant improvements to audio quality with the Stereo Headset Adapter and the process of updating controllers.
    If you have taken the update previously and are having issues with your stereo headset adapter, please update your controller again with the latest Controller Update. You can update your controller by going to Settings, System, and then Controller update."
    -- from bottom of page linked below:

support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

It is now April and still no update. So this means by the end of April?
Thema:

1. Has the Stereo Headset Adapter been discontinued? - Similar Threads - Has Stereo Headset

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  6. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  7. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  8. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  9. Stereo Headset Adapter Jack Has Gone Wonky

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset Adapter Jack Has Gone Wonky: I bought the MS stereo headset in March of 2014. On November 11th, (yep, release day for Master Chief Collection) my mic stopped working. If I pull the headset jack out just a little, say, 1/8th...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems: This thing is a PoS. I have to choose between chat and game chat (found out you can turn game volume off) but the chat is volume and quality is terrible. The main part you plug into the controller...