Has my Wi-Fi been hacked through my Xbox live account

Discus and support Has my Wi-Fi been hacked through my Xbox live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today me and my friend were playing a casual game of rainbow six siege when this person (gamertag is [mod removed]) joined our party and said they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AirborneElf, Jul 8, 2020.

1. AirborneElf
    AirborneElf Guest

Today me and my friend were playing a casual game of rainbow six siege when this person (gamertag is [mod removed]) joined our party and said they would "hack our accounts" because we lost we now keep having our internet being shut down and our Xbox's
    keep disconnecting.

:)

AirborneElf, Jul 8, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. BrokenFattHardy Win User

If you believe you have been the victim of a targeted DDOS attack, you need to report the player who threatened you. You also need to contact you ISP and let them know you believe you have been DDOS attacked and need them to reset your modem and give you
    a new IP address. Doing these things should help you out.
  3. AridLizard Win User

it sounds like a DDoS attack.

this link explains all about them and what you can do if you are the victim of a DDoS attack.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/dos-attacks-faq

you should set your party to invite only in future so that random people can't join your party as this is how they get your IP address.

restarting your router by unplugging it from the power outlet for 10 minutes should assign a new IP address to it (unless you have a static IP in which case you will need to contact your ISP)
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Are you just having internet issues with your xbox or for any device you use? There have been many reports on the forums of people constantly being disconnected from online games and slow download speeds for the past two months.
  5. BOS Nuka Knight Win User

Hello. I, weirdly enough, had someone say the same thing to me and within 30 min my internet went out. Turned out to be just a big coincidence. I would try inplugging your router for 2 min and plug it back in. That worked for me. As far as them hacking
    your account. Feel free to change your password as that would sign you out of every device that account is active on. Hope this helps.
  6. Courtney Todd Win User

Packet loss

Hi S S, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I understand, give me more information about your problem, are you playing via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? For online games, it is always advisable to play through a cable connection, since the Wi-Fi is usually unstable at times. If you are connected through a Wi-Fi network, I recommend moving the router closer to the console.

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Greetings,
    Courtney.
Thema:

1. Has my Wi-Fi been hacked through my Xbox live account - Similar Threads - Has been hacked

2. My account has been hacked. How can I contact support?

in XBoX on Windows
    My account has been hacked. How can I contact support?: My account has just been hacked about an hour ago. I've been searching everywhere on where to contact support. My email has been changed, my minecraft username has been changed, secruity questions...
  3. Hello my acc has been hacked and I’m very afraid that there’s someone on the acc spending...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello my acc has been hacked and I’m very afraid that there’s someone on the acc spending...: My acc has been hacked and I’m afraid that someone is spending money off the acc because I’m not sure if my mother’s credit card is on it so there’s a very high risk. My acc has been hacked for...
  4. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  5. My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...: Please help me i can't login to play minecraft because the accounts been deleted 2815c3de-34bc-4a66-9c68-a0ab5f2f44c4
  6. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  7. Hello my account has recently been hacked by a Russian server

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello my account has recently been hacked by a Russian server: Hello my account has recently been hacked by a Russian server I’ve contacted Microsoft support many times were they will tell me there’s nothing I can do because they changed my email so I hope...
  8. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: I need to talk to microsoft them selfs not a robot a human because I already sent them a msg the robot told me that they sent it up to higher ranked people to review it and it has been like 6 to 7...
  9. My account has been hacked and they have been purchasing things on my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and they have been purchasing things on my xbox account: For over two years my accounts associated with my name Alan Hurditch, and have been hacked and used multiple times by I'm suspecting more than one person. Every time I change or get them back,...
  10. My account has been hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked.: My account was hacked and they changed my email to a new one. I can no longer access my account at all. When I try to contact Microsoft they say try again later. This has been happening for weeks....