Has anyone figured out how to play 4K HDR movies from external HDD?

Discus and support Has anyone figured out how to play 4K HDR movies from external HDD? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve tried the movies & TV app, VLC, etc, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/MAA3 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MAA3, Sep 18, 2022.

1. /u/MAA3
    /u/MAA3 Guest

I’ve tried the movies & TV app, VLC, etc, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/MAA3
    [link] [comments]

/u/MAA3, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Psy3d Win User

Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match Youtube requirements)

I have the exact SAME problem....finally figured out how to record clips more than 30 sec. Now all my awesome clips are stuck in this weird format that youtube won't accept.

Anyone know how to convert them to a format while keeping 4k/60fps HDR? I tried usual windows film/video thing but that downgrades to 4k/30 and has this weird tint which means HDR conversion failed.

I just want to save those clips
  3. ljewelrybonneyl Win User

Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9

And when i‘m playing a 4k movie without hdr it‘s saying i should plugin a tv with hdr
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Which Xbox to get

Go for the one you can afford. They both play the same games. It's just Xbox One S plays games in HDR, were as the Xbox One X plays games that support 4K in 4K. They both play movies in 4K if the movies support it.
  5. Sjad Al-Azawi Win User

Hisense 4K issues

You can play 4k just in video and movie when you play you play 1080p HDR
  6. CrystalWynn Win User

4K UHD vs 1080p setting option

If i leave it on 1080p and put in a 4k movie it will still play in 4k w/HDR correct (with those options checked allow). Also my husband does play games too, if left on 1080p and a 4k game is inserted will it also still play in 4k/HDR? The way I read on
    forums it seems like yes, but not sure. Thanks in advance
Thema:

1. Has anyone figured out how to play 4K HDR movies from external HDD? - Similar Threads - Has anyone figured

2. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  3. Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?: Recently me and a few other players have been comm banned for posting " Looking for group " post on the xbox network and people have been spam reporting them and xbox has just been comm banning...
  4. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  5. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  6. Has anyone found an effective way to download xbox captures onto their PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone found an effective way to download xbox captures onto their PC?: I have a lot of captures recorded on my Xbox Series X and i’d like to get them on my PC for a video, after downloading the xbox app onto my PC i soon realised that there was still no way for me to...
  7. Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?: First of all I have had ongoing issues for to long. Now Lex from xbox support contacted me in October 23, issue was never solved from xbox support. The only way to be able to solve it was to spend...
  8. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  9. Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?: I had auto redeem set up for gamepass, but I'm also getting charged at the same time. I no longer even see the auto redeem option, but I'm still getting my points taken out. This has been going on...
  10. Hi there, wondering if anyone has had trouble with games disappearing off the library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there, wondering if anyone has had trouble with games disappearing off the library?: I’ve got a day one XB1 and had day one game like Ryse Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3. These games are no longer there and I’m now having to buy them again. Tried logging in and out, restarting my...