Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's...

Discus and support Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; None of my games show up in my library, no content shows, and my Xbox Game Pass subscription does not load. I have other Windows 10 laptops on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisWNY, Aug 14, 2021.

1. ChrisWNY
    ChrisWNY Guest

Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's...

None of my games show up in my library, no content shows, and my Xbox Game Pass subscription does not load. I have other Windows 10 laptops on my network and the Xbox app seems to work fine, so this is not a network issue. I've tried resetting the app, uninstalling/reinstalling, running a bunch of Powershell commands, you name it. This issue occurred shortly after I signed up for the Gamepass Ultimate subscription. Just randomly occurred...I probably didn't notice it right away since I use the Xbox app infrequently (maybe a couple times every week or two).

Has anyone else figured out how to fix this issue? See screenshots below...the problem should be obvious.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's... [​IMG]

Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's... [​IMG]

:)

ChrisWNY, Aug 14, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's been plaguing me for months

Okay. Let's try to solve this problem with the store, maybe it's related to the Xbox app

Follow these steps.

Clear Windows Store cache

This method will reset your Windows Store without affecting your account settings or deleting any stored apps.

Press Windows key + R key.
    Type in wsreset.exe.
    Press the Enter key.
    Restart your computer and relaunch Windows Store.

Method 2: Run the SFC scan

SFC scan will automatically detect and repair any corrupted or missing files that may be causing the Windows Store concern that you're experiencing.

Press Windows key + X key.
    Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type in sfc /scannow.
    Press the Enter key.
  3. ChrisWNY Win User

Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's been plaguing me for months

The troubleshooter doesn't find any issues. Same problems with MS Store...the MS Store mostly works, except when trying to Get new apps, or trying to push apps from the store to other devices in my account (I get errors stating "try again later", as I posted previously).

------------------------------------------------

PrintWindows Store Apps Publisher details

Potential issues that were checked

Some security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present

Check for missing or corrupt filesCheck for missing or corrupt files Issue not present

Service registration is missing or corruptService registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present

Microsoft account requiredMicrosoft account required Issue not present

Temporary Internet files location has changedTemporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present

User Account Control has been disabledUser Account Control has been disabled Issue not present

Hanging or crashing appsHanging or crashing apps Issue not present

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present

Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present

Service registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present

Microsoft account required Issue not present

Temporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present

User Account Control has been disabled Issue not present

Hanging or crashing apps Issue not present
  4. ChrisWNY Win User

The Windows 10 update-in-place did not resolve the Xbox PC app issue. I uninstalled anything that said "Xbox" in front of it prior to running the update-in-place. It took about 25 minutes so not much time lost, and everything seems to be working fine as it did prior to the update-in-place. I then reinstalled the Xbox app from the MS Store which went fine, but no dice on the Xbox app. Same garbage "could not load content" tiles showing up in the app, and my Xbox game pass subscription does not load within the app. Even when I completely sign out of the Xbox app, those same garbage blank graphic tiles load when launching the Xbox app for PC.

Not sure where to go from here, but definitely not willing to do a format/reinstall just to get the Xbox and MS Store app working. I can only assume at this point that there's an issue going on with auth/tokens/account provisioning/etc. between that PC and Microsoft.
  5. ChrisWNY Win User

Hope it works xD
    A question. If you try to download games through the Microsoft Store app, can you download them normally?
    Yeah that makes both of us xD

That's a good question...depends on whether or not I already "own" the game or app. If the large blue button says "Get" in the store, this happens:

[​IMG]

If the large blue button says "Install," then the game or app will install normally, and update properly from the MS Store. However, I haven't been able to launch or play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...when it launches, the intro screens load, then eventually the app says it needs to update, takes me to the MS Store, and nothing happens. I can't find an update file separately for it, so I'm stuck with not being able to launch MSFS 2020. Definitely aggravating since MSFS 2020 was the reason I subscribed to Game Pass last year. It had always worked fine up until about June 2021. My guess is a Windows update likely broke things and has been the root cause of the issues I posted in here.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am advisor independent and I will be helping you today.

How are you, Chris?

I tested it here to see if the same happened to me and everything is working normally.

Would an in-place update solve this?

This link has detailed instructions. Please, remove the Xbox app before doing this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thema:

1. Has anyone figured out how to fix this strange behavior in the Windows 10 Xbox app? It's... - Similar Threads - Has anyone figured

2. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  3. Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent: My Xbox X 3 months old would not update games or update console, I performed a full reset as suggested and now it will not allow account sign in. A circle appears and then it just goes back to you...
  4. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  5. Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone been comm banned for looking for posts?: Recently me and a few other players have been comm banned for posting " Looking for group " post on the xbox network and people have been spam reporting them and xbox has just been comm banning...
  6. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Has anyone found an effective way to download xbox captures onto their PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone found an effective way to download xbox captures onto their PC?: I have a lot of captures recorded on my Xbox Series X and i’d like to get them on my PC for a video, after downloading the xbox app onto my PC i soon realised that there was still no way for me to...
  9. Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had resolutions to complaints to xbox?: First of all I have had ongoing issues for to long. Now Lex from xbox support contacted me in October 23, issue was never solved from xbox support. The only way to be able to solve it was to spend...
  10. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...