Has anyone else noticed the original Xbox Voice commands seem depreciated?

Discus and support Has anyone else noticed the original Xbox Voice commands seem depreciated? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Up until this last update, maybe the one before, I was able to still use Xbox On to turn on my console via Kinect. Now I cannot, but I can turn it on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Folkor, Jan 3, 2020.

1. /u/Folkor
    /u/Folkor Guest

Up until this last update, maybe the one before, I was able to still use Xbox On to turn on my console via Kinect. Now I cannot, but I can turn it on with Alexa without issue. I've also seem to notice that it doesn't do as good a job at hearing Xbox prefaced commands once it is running. I know the Cortana commands have been killed, but have the original ones been officially announced that they were ending as well? I don't recall ever seeing that they were.

Also I get toasts all the time that Cortona isnt supported even though nothing remotely close to Hey Cortana was uttered.

Maybe we're just stuck in our ways and dont want to give up the 2 word commands to replace them with Alexa tell Xbox blah...

submitted by /u/Folkor
    [link] [comments]

/u/Folkor, Jan 3, 2020
  2. x Sanger Win User

Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

me and four friends have had the same problem as everyone else, they all bought new headsets which worked but i'm still adamant it can't be the headset if it's happening to a large number of people at the same time....

also i've noticed the 'xbox on' voice command has stopped working at the same time...has this happened to anyone else?
  3. Dalek Nation Win User

Why does Kinect track well on some games, but lags on others?

Thank you Black! Glad to see someone else is noticing.

I'd still like some good theories as to why some games are all herky-jerky while others seem to flawlessly track the body in real time.

And yeah, has anyone else noticed how when Kinect first came out people raved about the motion-tracking, and now the only thing being utilized or even talked about are voice commands... which could have just as easily been integrated with my ten dollar head-set
    vs. a hundred dollar glorified web-cam.
  4. theREALdark1 Win User

Xbox One Own't Allow Me To "Turn Off" Console Via Kinect Command

Hi, Can you try this. Is there anyone else around that can try and shut the x1 off with voice command. I'm just trying to see if your voice is not being recognized by the system for those commands?
  5. IzK I EL1T3 x Win User

Xbox One Improvement Suggestions

I dunno if it's just me but does anyone else have trouble using the Kinect voice command 'Xbox, Record that' because for some reason my console never responds to the command 70% of the time. It's fine with every other command it's just that one that's not
    working...
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

"Xbox on" only works 30% of the time

I was looking at the countries it is supported in and I did not see Ireland. lol what?! I'm American and people here in Ire. speak English. Has anyone else from Ireland had any luck with voice commands?
Thema:

1. Has anyone else noticed the original Xbox Voice commands seem depreciated? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  3. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  4. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  5. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  6. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  7. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  8. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?: Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the...
  9. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  10. Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...: I am really upset with the Xbox enforcement team. My account was suspended because someone reported me having an inappropriate gamer pic which I don’t. My gamer pic was a piece of artwork of a...