Has anyone else experienced this?

Discus and support Has anyone else experienced this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] so my max hard drive space excluding my external hard drive is only 781.0 maxed that's not a TB. f328ac53-23a1-4504-8b61-608a636ad74f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by acidwave21, Aug 11, 2021.

1. acidwave21
    acidwave21 Guest

Has anyone else experienced this? [​IMG]
    so my max hard drive space excluding my external hard drive is only 781.0 maxed that's not a TB.

:)

acidwave21, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

hardware manufacturers work hdd space out as 1000GB = 1TB - software does not, software works as follows.

1024KB = 1MB - 1024MB = 1GB - 1024GB = 1TB

So the usable space on any new 1TB hdd after formatting is about 931GB then you have to exclude system files and reserved space that the xbox system uses. in that reserved space is updates, recordings, screenshots, temp files etc etc.

this is the same for ANY system that uses a HDD/SSD. be it consoles or pc or any other device out there.

take for example my 4TB SSD in my PC after formatting i get a useable space of 3.638TB.

the same is for phone storage too.

so what you are seeing is normal, yes it is a bit shady but has been like this forever. technically they are not wrong, it does indeed have a 1TB hdd in, but i think it is about time they show the correct amount useable once formatted and OS, reserved space is used.

By this time though it is now common knowledge as has been this way for decades.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Is anyone else experiencing....?

The game has just been released, so minor bugs are expected. Try closing it, restarting the console and launching it again. I'll drop in more tips if I experience the issue on my end.
    What do you mean by "the game has just been released"? T60 Power Armor is from Fallout. What Fallout game are you saying has just ben released?
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Is anyone else experiencing....?

Hello Cathy, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

The game has just been released, so minor bugs are expected. Try closing it, restarting the console and launching it again. I'll drop in more tips if I experience the issue on my end.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Jesse.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Has Anyone Experienced This?

Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 is currently down. Many users are having trouble logging in. No ETA yet on a fix.
  6. UK Damian Win User

Has anyone else experienced random sign outs?

Nope I've actually never (not even once) experienced a random sign out with my 360 since 2005. Plus, I've always been wifi as well. Now if you ask me how many times I've experienced this on the PS3 with PSN....... lol!
Thema:

1. Has anyone else experienced this? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  3. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  4. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  5. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  6. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  7. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  8. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?: Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the...
  9. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  10. Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...: I am really upset with the Xbox enforcement team. My account was suspended because someone reported me having an inappropriate gamer pic which I don’t. My gamer pic was a piece of artwork of a...