Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my...

Discus and support Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Update ruined my game ...i uploaded 625 car designs 540 vinyls i had 650 cars...all gone because an update wasn't tested properly...‍♂️... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LodgedDMTGUN2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my...

Update ruined my game ...i uploaded 625 car designs 540 vinyls i had 650 cars...all gone because an update wasn't tested properly...‍♂️

:)

LodgedDMTGUN2, Mar 18, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Downloaded game that's unreadable...

First thing you should do is delete the game. Then delete the your system cache. Once you have done that, then download 1 or 2 demos that is the same size as Forza Horizon. Then redownload Forza Horizon. Play Forza Horizon. If the problem has gone,
    you can delete the demos.
  3. IanAlexander84 Win User

Forza Horizon stuck in download loop.

Hi Maxen13

Sorry I should have been more specific, I have tried Cancel download - press the Guide button (big central silver button), press Left and scroll down to Active Downloads. Press A, then select Forza Horizon and select Cancel Download. Confirm.

Deleting the partial/corrupted file - From the dashboard, go to Settings/Storage/[All Devices]/Games/Forza Horizon, select the file with and choose Delete. Confirm.

But that didn't resolve the issue, I tried your other suggestion of downloading other files larger that Forza Horizon & then Forza Horizon itself, the other files download fine but Forza still gets caught in a download loop.

I've just formatted my Xbox 360 in a last hope that that will resolve it.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Has anyone else experienced this?

hardware manufacturers work hdd space out as 1000GB = 1TB - software does not, software works as follows.

1024KB = 1MB - 1024MB = 1GB - 1024GB = 1TB

So the usable space on any new 1TB hdd after formatting is about 931GB then you have to exclude system files and reserved space that the xbox system uses. in that reserved space is updates, recordings, screenshots, temp files etc etc.

this is the same for ANY system that uses a HDD/SSD. be it consoles or pc or any other device out there.

take for example my 4TB SSD in my PC after formatting i get a useable space of 3.638TB.

the same is for phone storage too.

so what you are seeing is normal, yes it is a bit shady but has been like this forever. technically they are not wrong, it does indeed have a 1TB hdd in, but i think it is about time they show the correct amount useable once formatted and OS, reserved space is used.

By this time though it is now common knowledge as has been this way for decades.
  5. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

downloaded game not working

A common problem which sometimes is easy to fix. Your best bet would be to delete the game, then download 1 or 2 demos that are the same size as forza horizon (Your talking about 5 or 6GB). Once the demos have finished downloading, then redownload forza
    horizon. The reason to do this is so Forza Horizon is installed to a different part of your hard drive. Which then will hopefully fix your problem.
Thema:

Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my...

1. Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my... - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  3. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  4. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  5. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  6. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  7. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  8. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?: Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the...
  9. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  10. Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...: I am really upset with the Xbox enforcement team. My account was suspended because someone reported me having an inappropriate gamer pic which I don’t. My gamer pic was a piece of artwork of a...