Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses?

Discus and support Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This morning I woke up to odd pop ups asking me to log into "Something." I've not been on any odd sites but I got hammered with a ton of viruses. All... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VolsY2k, Jan 12, 2022.

1. VolsY2k
    VolsY2k Guest

This morning I woke up to odd pop ups asking me to log into "Something." I've not been on any odd sites but I got hammered with a ton of viruses. All that I saw were attached to the Gaming Services application. I want this thing OFF my pc but I don't get how to remove it. I don't use it and if it's that much of a weak point, I'm even more adamant on getting rid of it. I don't need to hear from XBOX reps saying it's safe because I've seen the results on my pc today and I've missed 4 hours of work because of it. I work from home and can't connect if I know there are issues with my computer. If you get this pop up, you have issues.
    Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses? [​IMG]

:)

VolsY2k, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You can uninstall 'Gaming Services' through Windows Powershell, but there is no guarantee that it won't re-install itself in future.

Launch Powershell as an administrator and paste the following command:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
  3. sykesie1208 Win User

DO NOT USE WWW.INSTANT-POINTS.NET

I have just been scammed by this, should have realised it was too good to be true. Did anything else happen to anyone else who got scammed? I am concerned that I may need to change by email account and if any viruses could be on my computer. First time i've
    been scammed!!
  4. Dahweirdacus Win User

Minecraft Wrestling Federation {17+ to join}

Sorry for the late reply, been busy lately with the upcoming events for Halloween Week in MWF.

What would you like to know? @ One Fat Unicorn.

I will do my best to answer any questions you, or anyone else has.
  5. BL4CKOUT 30 Win User

Anyone else getting this lately?

I get the fetching profile problem, backing out to main menu and hit multiplayer again usually helps.
  6. Mob Of The Dead Win User

Anyone else getting this lately?

Mine stopped recently with no further issues. I wonder what it was...
Thema:

1. Has anyone else been hit lately with viruses? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  3. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  4. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  5. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  6. Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else used game pass points to purchase one month game pass and it just disappeared?: I've been using points to auto redeem the subscription but after 12 days my subscription has gone and it's also gone from the redeem rewards b6f1575b-67ce-404e-ae61-29671d7e81cf
  7. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  8. Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else’s series x fan stopped working?: Have a series x. The fan stopped working, replaced it and out new thermal paste on but the new fan will not spin, my x overheats and sends me to the Home Screen. Don’t see any burn marks on the...
  9. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  10. Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...: I am really upset with the Xbox enforcement team. My account was suspended because someone reported me having an inappropriate gamer pic which I don’t. My gamer pic was a piece of artwork of a...