Hardwire

Discus and support Hardwire in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I hard wire my Xbox to the internet using a regular phone cord? b3482756-ce30-4e18-a023-0f21a04701f8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnrulyDiagram97, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Hardwire

Can I hard wire my Xbox to the internet using a regular phone cord?

:)

UnrulyDiagram97, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Bushwacca
    Bushwacca Guest
    Hardwire connection

my xbox s is hardwired to my router start the xbox will not sign in check my network says I am connected ,unplug cable signs on the wireless network no problem.Has new Cat 6 cable. I get error 0x87dd000f my account is current.

Bushwacca, Oct 18, 2017
  3. MineDaddy
    MineDaddy Guest
    My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server

Hardwire it and retest....

MineDaddy, Oct 18, 2017
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

Hardwire

Hi, No a regular phone cord will not work. You need a CAT6 Ethernet cord to connect to your modem or router.

OK Fowl, Oct 18, 2017
  5. OK Fowl Win User

Hardwire

Hi, No a regular phone cord will not work. You need a CAT6 Ethernet cord to connect to your modem or router.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox through pc

hardwire pc to router

hardwire xbox to router

job done.
  7. sicken canable Win User

Wired or Wireless

Yeah im hardwired in. Always had better experience with hardwire over wireless.
  8. DWavs Win User

Wireless of Hardwired?

When I do get around to running the wire, do I need to change any settings since it was initially set up as wireless or as simple as plugging it in?
  9. DWavs Win User

Wireless of Hardwired?

Good point. I am mostly playing with my 7 year old son so no competitive games at this point and all games are on disk.

I did by the Cat5 cable from Amazon but I will wait until a "rainy day" to run the cable through the drop ceiling down here in the finished basement opposed to jumping right on the task.
Thema:

Hardwire

1. Hardwire - Similar Threads - Hardwire

2. Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.: I have 1GB hardwired internet to my Xbox and my DL speeds will not go over 10mbps. It starts at like 275 then drops to 6 and stays there. I’ve done everything I can think of and everything that...
  3. Wi-Fi Bug in Alpha-Skip Ahead While Console Is Hardwired

in XboX Insiders
    Wi-Fi Bug in Alpha-Skip Ahead While Console Is Hardwired: I reported this via console already but there is a very serious Wi-Fi bug that is causing a wired console to try to connect to wifi while hardwired. I was playing Diablo 4 and kept getting...