Hardwire

Discus and support Hardwire in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I hard wire my Xbox to the internet using a regular phone cord? b3482756-ce30-4e18-a023-0f21a04701f8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnrulyDiagram97, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Hardwire

Can I hard wire my Xbox to the internet using a regular phone cord?

:)

UnrulyDiagram97, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Bushwacca
    Bushwacca Guest
    Hardwire connection

my xbox s is hardwired to my router start the xbox will not sign in check my network says I am connected ,unplug cable signs on the wireless network no problem.Has new Cat 6 cable. I get error 0x87dd000f my account is current.

Bushwacca, Oct 18, 2017
  3. MineDaddy
    MineDaddy Guest
    My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server

Hardwire it and retest....

MineDaddy, Oct 18, 2017
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

Hardwire

Hi, No a regular phone cord will not work. You need a CAT6 Ethernet cord to connect to your modem or router.

OK Fowl, Oct 18, 2017
  5. OK Fowl Win User

Hardwire

Hi, No a regular phone cord will not work. You need a CAT6 Ethernet cord to connect to your modem or router.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox through pc

hardwire pc to router

hardwire xbox to router

job done.
  7. sicken canable Win User

Wired or Wireless

Yeah im hardwired in. Always had better experience with hardwire over wireless.
  8. DWavs Win User

Wireless of Hardwired?

When I do get around to running the wire, do I need to change any settings since it was initially set up as wireless or as simple as plugging it in?
  9. DWavs Win User

Wireless of Hardwired?

Good point. I am mostly playing with my 7 year old son so no competitive games at this point and all games are on disk.

I did by the Cat5 cable from Amazon but I will wait until a "rainy day" to run the cable through the drop ceiling down here in the finished basement opposed to jumping right on the task.
Thema:

Hardwire

1. Hardwire - Similar Threads - Hardwire

2. Xbox Series X ethernet/hardwire issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X ethernet/hardwire issues: I have been attempting to troubleshoot this from the first day. I bought my Series X the day it was released and it has nothing but problems connecting via ethernet, but all of my other devices on...
  3. Xbox Network Latency Hardwired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Network Latency Hardwired: Alright, so I recently hardwired my Xbox and I’m still getting about 60ms latency when the connection test. While I recognize my connection is stable, it possible I’d like to reduce the latency as...
  4. Xbox Series X won't stay connected (ethernet hardwired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't stay connected (ethernet hardwired): I have never had an issue with my Xbox One nor my new Xbox Series X up until a couple days ago. My console is hardwired/ethernet cable directly into my router/modem. All other devices in the home...
  5. Hardwire connection issue but not wireless..

in XboX Insiders
    Hardwire connection issue but not wireless..: While being part of the top tier Alpha bracket. Has anyone have internet hardwire issues and no issue with wireless working? The wired connection is working with a third xbox that is not part of...
  6. XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S HARDWIRE PING 4X HIGHER THAN OG XB1: Hello, I recently got my XBOX series s and noticed a ping issue. (I play hardwired) I have my original Xbox one in the same location and when I test connection on the series s I get great speeds,...
  7. : Packet loss hardwired

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Packet loss hardwired: : Packet loss hardwired I continue to get packet loss on my xbox wired straight to the modem...my internet speeds are 300 down and 20 up...please help ec0d1332-397a-45ab-a160-ebc1afef54f7
  8. : Xbox Live Hardwire Error

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox Live Hardwire Error: : Xbox Live Hardwire Error Can't connect to Xbox Live when hardwired for some reason. I'm using an IPV4 w upnp enabled and a Netgear AC1200 Router. I had no problems a month ago I've tried...
  9. can you link your xbox app to your xbox of your xbox is hardwired?

in XBoX on Mobile
    can you link your xbox app to your xbox of your xbox is hardwired?: I cant seem to link my app to my xbox, and after some researching it could be because my xbox is hardwired since Im having issues witb my xbox on wifi. Is this right? Apparently im supposed to...
  10. Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired

in XboX Insiders
    Lag freeze while streaming and hardwired: So I recently got a htc vice cosmos elite and I hardwired both the pc and the Xbox in order to stream to the headset via the companion app and the stream just freezes inadvertently. My stream test...