Hard drive unformatted after update

Discus and support Hard drive unformatted after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; its a genuine xbox 360 4gig from best buy. after starting it an update ran. after the update the hard drive was unrecognized and unformatted. Game I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TEE3232, Jun 3, 2017.

1. TEE3232
    TEE3232 Guest

its a genuine xbox 360 4gig from best buy. after starting it an update ran. after the update the hard drive was unrecognized and unformatted. Game I was going to play needs 1.6 gig to install hd content and says there is only 1.5 gigs free. going into the
    drive it says there is no data on it. Sure the system files are hidden so question is how much space should be available if nothing is additional is on it.

:)

TEE3232, Jun 3, 2017
  2. Xbox 360 elite harddrive saying it's unformatted

My hard drive is saying unformatted and I had an update as well and the hard drive is no longer working can anyone help me!!!

oXoHIGHLIF3oXo, Jun 3, 2017
  3. MattSTKC
    MattSTKC Guest
    Hard drive

Does the hard drive then come up as "unformatted" after it wipes itself?

MattSTKC, Jun 3, 2017
  4. MattSTKC Win User

Hard drive

Does the hard drive then come up as "unformatted" after it wipes itself?
  5. LOMINogard Win User

42FC - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2751

New update on mine, when I try to clear my cache and retry the update, it makes my hard drive "unformatted." This is the second time it's done that, the first time was after the previous update a few weeks ago.
  6. Crow Ride Win User

Xbox remains un-formatted after I formatted it & still getting an update that tells me that I still don't have space.

320 GB.

The system update i was getting stop after I put in a flash drive but without it, the system update appear. the console will not let me get on the hard drive cause it say unformatted and I dont have a or get the data back up
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
  8. NAMINE2 Win User

HARD DRIVE UNFORMATTED

Hi I just got this unformatted memory after I went for the update when playing saints row 1 & after 2 failed attempts it got unformatted-at time this has happened to me but it won't format did my hard drive crash? If not how do I fix it w/o sending it to
    b repaired or getting a refurbished 360 please help
Thema:

1. Hard drive unformatted after update - Similar Threads - Hard drive unformatted

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  5. Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one: Error e106 after new hard drive On xbox one 4d4c522d-cbfa-4d8a-8940-95c19a5a12e7
  6. Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one hard drive: I pulled out a hard drive of an Xbox one and plugged it into my Xbox one as an external and I didn't reformat it and now my Xbox turns on and off quickly. How bad did I screw it up?...
  7. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  8. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  9. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  10. Unformat external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformat external hard drive: I accidentally formatted my external hard drive to xbox one use. It has movie and media files on it. My PC does not recognize it now. How do I format it back to normal?...