Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.

Discus and support Hard drive space disappearing after failed download. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How can I get my PC's storage space back? I was downloading a game when my computer closed the xbox app, the game did not download but the space on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LegallyBlonde_850, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Hard drive space disappearing after failed download.

How can I get my PC's storage space back? I was downloading a game when my computer closed the xbox app, the game did not download but the space on my hard drive has been used and cannot be recovered as best I can tell. Is there anyway I can fix this and regain the memory on my hard drive since the game files did not install despite the memory being taken up.

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Games issues***

:)

LegallyBlonde_850, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello LegallyBlonde_850,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum! Thank you for sharing your concern with us, and I hope you are doing well. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your PC's storage space disappearing after a failed download. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem, but I'm here to help you.

To regain the memory on your hard drive, you can try pausing, resuming, or canceling the installation from the Xbox app. Here's a link to a helpful article on our support website that explains how to do this: All about the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to pause, resume, or cancel an installation from the Xbox app. I hope this helps you resolve your issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for being a part of the Xbox community!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. onyxishere Win User

NBA 2k17 Download Disappearance

Sorry to hear it. Is your son using an official Xbox hard drive or an external flash drive? If it's a flash drive then perhaps the drive is failing. Be sure to check all storage devices for the game as the only other way a game would disappear after download
    would be if it was deleted.
  5. NathanWoolfrey Win User

Problems for downloading : Supreme Commander 2

Do you have enough space on your hard drive? That may cause the download to fail
  6. UnrealIncognito Win User

HDD Space

Same thing with the console, some of the Hard drive space is already gone the rest is taken up by the three OS's running on the One. The larger the Hard drive the more space that seems to disappear into a void.

This is the best I can explain it whist at work.
Thema:

1. Hard drive space disappearing after failed download. - Similar Threads - Hard drive space

2. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  3. Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....: Hey, Im on an Xbox Series S device. But i've had this issue in the past on my xbox one too. I bought Cyberpunk 2077 Digitally a few days ago. Its a download of 63.03gb which is a lot to...
  4. How do I fix error code 0x80070057 when there is clearly enough space on my hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix error code 0x80070057 when there is clearly enough space on my hard drive?: For the past few months, I have been trying to redownload Sea of Thieves onto my PC, but with no avail. I have been trying to download it onto my (D:) drive which, at this time, has >320 GB...
  5. FSX error indicating I do not have enough disk space even with a 1 TB hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FSX error indicating I do not have enough disk space even with a 1 TB hard drive: When I load FSX on my computer it works fine, however when I exit and try to launch it again I receive an error claiming that I don't have enough disk space. I have 793 Gigs left on my computer. I...
  6. Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install.: I just got a new laptop and the first thing I did was try to install Forza 5 through game pass. It took the space up on my hard drive but didn't download. I tried a different game and it worked...
  7. Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive: Hello, I have been having an issue with Games Pass for PC in which the uninstalled games from de app still occupy space from my hard drive. I already tried a couple of thing but nothing seems to...
  8. Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space: I have a Seagate 16TB external hard drive for my Xbox Series S so I want to know if the Seagate 1TB expansion card would count towards the 16TB external hard drive limit that the console has or...
  9. To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs

in XBoX on Consoles
    To Xbox 360s have a hard drive with space on it to play video games that are on myCDs or DVDs: Recently purchased an Xbox 360 from Amazon and had purchased a couple games and couldn't store game progress or even download games that required downloads. Is there not a hard drive with...
  10. Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC: So I was going to download Forza game on my PC on Xbox Game Pass, but then decided I didn't want to play it after all, so I cancelled the download, and I noticed that I didn't get my harddrive...